Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Product Review: Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure


Back when I bought the Sally Hansen Nail Art Pen in Black (see my reviw here) I bought this little gem, which I've been dying to try fo-ever! I saw this polish in a magazine that did an article of "What's In My Bag" US Weekly did on Lauren Conrad (check it out here) and this was in there! Since she always looks so chic, I thought I'd try this polish too. I bought the Complete Salon Manicure in Pink Slip and thought it would be the perfect pail pink, similar to my favorite Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in Petal Pusher (see that review here). I'm not sure if this is the same color LC has, but it looked similar enough.Wowza. I knew I loved SH, but I've certainly done plenty of reviews! I'll try and spread out my reviews in the future ladies!

Ok, so I do indeed love this color, but I'm not sure if I love it MORE than Petal Pusher, probably the same. This polish dries very quickly, which is such a huge + in my book! This particular color is a bit streaky (you can kind of see it in the picture on my index and middle finger), which is usual for light colors like this, but I was dissappointed since this is a "Complete Salon Manicure" and I don't get streaks when I do go to the salon, only at home. I used three coats because of the streakiness and my nails chipped pretty easily, after only 1-2 days of wear and the shine started to dull.

Overall, I don't care for the Complete Salon Manicure over the Insta-Dri line, but that may be because of this particular color. This particular shade is so streaky, but I love the shades available in this line and hope to try this line again in the future but with a different more vibrant color. Hopefully then I'll have a better outcome otherwise I'll stick to the Insta-Dri, they're my favorite.

*This item retails for $7.99 and is ON SALE right now at Ulta.com for Buy one get one 50% off here!

Have anyone you tried this line? What was your experience?

5 comments :

Taylor said...

I die for the COLOR!!!!!! I am completly and utterly addicted to nuetral nails right now, but I agree doing them at home is never the same as the salon....I like Essie bubble bath and ballet slippers....have you tried those?

Anonymous said...

this color is so pretty! and is great for the workweek!

I love your product reviews!

Kristen said...

Taylor- I haven't tried Bubble Bath, but i've heard great things about it! I have tried Ballet Slipper and love it. You should definitely check out Petal Pusher, it's the perfect shade!

Danielle- Thanks s much!

REBrown said...

I haven't tried SH, but I do have an OPI color that is really similar that is the exact same way. It is really streaky and chips super easy. I'm not sure if it's the color or just my lack of nail skillz!

REBrown
rekdbrown.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I am a male that enjoys a natural pink color for my toenails. Do you think this would be acceptable for a man?