Monday, January 31, 2011

Re-Post Valentine Crafts

**Hey ladies! I posted this last year (see it originally here), but with Valentines coming up I wanted to re-post some crafts I've made in the past. Amber from Amber's Notebook has a great idea in the comments of the original post as well you might want to check out! I've done it myself and the Fiance LOVED it! Feel free to add any ideas as well! I'm looking for something new this year!**

For holidays, the BF and I like to do something together instead of exchanging gifts, but we always exchange a card. Psssst....he picks the best ones! I re-read them all the time!


With Valentines coming up, I thought I would share two card ideas I did for my lover that he absolutely loved. It was a big hit with his roommates and my guy friends as well. One guy even took a picture and sent it to his girlfriend for her to do next time! Lol!


They're both easy, just time consuming, and they won't cost you a pretty penny.




Photobucket


The first is a candy bar card, it's pretty common, but people forget about it. You just write out a message using candy for part of the words. It gets kind of hard sometimes to think of lines, but it's fun to be creative. I found that it was easier to list a bunch of candy first, then see what I could make of it. I did this card for his birthday and it was a lot of fun to make. PS several of my friends made fun of me for this card, but 3 of them have since copied my great idea!




Photobucket 



Photobucket


The second card I did for Valentines Day last year. On the front I put "I love you more than..." and then cut out what felt like 100s of hearts (really wish I had a die-cut) by hand and put things I enjoy on them. Then on the inside I did the ABCs of what I love about him. This card took more time than I thought so I would suggest starting soon. Like today. My friends made fun of me for this card too (why do I keep asking them for help with ideas???) but they all loved the finished product.

**Updates**

Here are some cute cards I found from Martha Stewart! They're so cute! Click on the type of card to link to the instructions. She also has other cute gift ideas to check out as well like a Pistachio Wreath, Jewelry Box of Semi-Precious Candies, and Heart-Shaped Pot Holders (which I'm dying to do).

 
Heartstring Valentines Card- a message is revealed as you pull the string!

 

 
Embellished Envelope Cards- Super cute coupons for loved ones!

This year the Fiance and I have decided to give eachother something sweet to eat. I'm not sure yet what I'm going to do for a card, but for a gift I'm thinking of a cookie bouquet or one gigantic cookie. Ladies, if you have any cute ideas, please share!

9 comments :

Amanda said...

I once found heart shaped post-its and covered my boyfriends wall with things I liked about him/us. It was an success.

Anonymous said...

Very cute ideas! I'll def. be making a homemade card this year.

*tHiS Is tHe wAy i Am NoOnE SaId U hAd To LiKe iT* said...

oh my goodness these are so cute!!! You are so creative!

Frances said...

such great ideas!! the candy bar one is so funnyy!

LB said...

Such a great idea! Now I'm going to try to do something cute and crafty instead of buy some super generic card at the store! Great post!

Rissy said...

those cards are super duper cute... I want a Valentine
: (

Ryan K said...

Thanks! Cute stuff

C Mae said...

I have to admit I've never seen/heard of the candy bar called BIG HUNK? Where is that one sold?

Frances @ It's Sew My Style said...

I think I'm going to take your candy card idea and mix it with the "I love you more than..." idea. I love this! Thank you for posting it :)