Tuesday, January 4, 2011

OOTD

Wow, look at me getting a start on my resolutions!! Woohoo! This outfit is SO much cuter in real life, I attribute the fact of the not-so-cute picture to these reasons; 1. It's on a cell phone, 2. Poor lighting and 3. I don't think the color of the wall is doing anything for my complexion. Oh well, lesson learned!


The Fiance thought my outfit was cute today so here it is for my first OOTD this year! I was inspired by the below pic of Eve, something simple, comfortable and cute. My hair is from yesterday, I just brushed the top to smooth out the frizzies and teased my crown for some volume.  Also, I'm not wearing any make-up- I'll definitely be wearing some in ALL future pictures I post on here!! I just didn't feel like waking up today or getting ready. I'm wearing a crew neck sweater from Old Navy, basic white tank underneath, Mossimo leggings and leopard print flats from Target.




I've had some recent questions about how I curl my hair, see my How-To Post HERE. My hair holds a curly really well naturally, but curling it the way in the How-To post helps for any hair type to hold a curl longer. For my hair above, I curled it yesterday but I left the last 2 inches of each section loose for a more natural wave. How do you curl your hair?

12 comments :

Rach said...

such a cute outfit! I've been living in leggings recently since it's been so chilly. I can't wait till my hair grows long enough to curl again!

Anonymous said...

adorbs!

and yes drinks! I adore pasadena so ill definately go to you.:)

JMB said...

Totally thought the first picture was you at first I thought MAN ALIVE you got awfffullly tan! Cute outfit!!!

Annie said...

i am loving your hair and your outfit! too cute!!

p.s. new follower :)

Kristen said...

Rach- Me too! This rain is killing me!

Danielle- Let's definitely get together!

Jess- That's hilarious!

Annie- Thank you so much for reading and your sweet comment!

Jenny said...

I agree with fiance! VERY cute. You look lovely!

C Mae said...

Ok so leggings question....whatever top you pair it with, it's suppose to be a long top to cover your bum right?

Kristen said...

CMae- Yes, your top should be long enough to cover your bum. That's why I wore a shirt underneath my sweater. I do see celebs whose shirts don't always cover, I think it depends on the type of leggings you're wearing ie if they're "treggings" or a thick material.

Jessica said...

You are so cute even sans makeup. I love this look - its pretty much what I look like whenever I'm not at work!! I am living in my leggings. And just have to say I adore the leopard flats. I have worn mine out and I'm on the hunt for a new pair!

Rissy said...

I never curl my hair because I am LAZY but I really do want to start doing it every now and again... I'll have to read your how to
Your sweater looks comfy... that pink is adorable

Rissy said...

oh p.s. on the shirt to cover your bum topic... my sister in law bought very thick leggings that are more like actual pants after seeing a pic of Paris Hilton bent over in thin leggings... you could see her butt very well hehe that's NOT HOT

Nado Queenie said...

Love the OOTD! I've been living in my leggins too! LOL So upset that I passed up those target flats cause I can't find them anywhere!