Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Outfits of the Day

A few people have asked that I do some posts for Outfits of the Day (OOTD) so I've been slowly collecting some pictures. First, I must say that I felt kind of lame taking the pics- I don't know why, I'm not shy by any means and I love other blogger's OOTD pics. After looking at the pictures, I definitely need to find some better poses, I'll just stalk Amber from Amber's Notebook for some ideas! Here are pictures of some looks I've been copying or were inspired by different trends. Please feel free to let me know if you liked what I wore or if I should have styled it differently or change something the next time around.
So here we go:


Rompers
Photobucket
I wore this for my cousin's dedication. The romper was a gift from my BF's sister K, I believe she got it from Kohl's. My accessories are a mint necklace from Forever 21 like 6 years ago (such a great buy, I wear it all the time), and a Michael Kors Resin Bracelet Watch from this post- a birthday gift from my boyfriend.


Shorts with wedges:
PhotobucketPhotobucket
I wore a Forever 21 top, American Eagle jean shorts (I realize in this picture that if my hemline was been about an inch longer they would be so much more flattering, and a darker hue. I obviously wore these before my Jessica Simpson post. Live and learn I guess). A plain white v-neck (I don't remember from where), Target shorts, Nine West wedges, and an alligator green clutch from Nordstroms about 7 years ago.


This look was completely inspired by the following celebrities (from my inspiration board in this post):
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
White dress and leather jacket from Nordstrom, peep toe booties from Go Jane, Forever 21 belt.


Orange Spring/Summer trend (from this post):
Photobucket
Mossimo dress from Target, Nordstrom nude heels, Forever 21 necklace.


Animal print accessories (this post):
Photobucket
Black Mossimo dress and scarf from Target, peep toe booties from Go Jane.

12 comments :

Jessica said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE!

I have the same F21 striped top :)

My favorite look is the white dress with the black jacket. I've admired it on celebs and it looks awesome on you!

Coley said...

So cute! You look adorable in all the photos...my fave is the white dress/black jacket :)

Anonymous said...

love OOTD's! i keep saying over and over that i'm going to do more of them...and i never do. i guess that's why i will never be paid to blog. anyway. i had fully planned on getting that makeup palette from Sephora today while i was at the mall buying that safari vest thingy...and i totally FORGOT until i read your comment and i was on my way home. BOO!

Unknown said...

Love tham ALL!!

Kristen said...

Jessica- Thanks so much, you're such a love for even encouraging me to do this post! XOXO

Coley- Thanks lovey!

Reed- You definitely have to do it! I'd love to see your OOTDs! Be sure to get that palette next time from Sephora, I just love it and it's worth every penny.

Hello My Pretties- Thanks sugar!

Frances @ It's Sew My Style said...

Awesome outfits!! My favorite is the white dress. I absolutly love it. The dress from Target is super cute too (who would've thought so many years ago, that Target would have such cute clothes?)

Kali Ramey Martin said...

I love the white dress with the leather jacket! Such a cute look!

Ife' said...

haha! I totally know how you feel. I am a newbie to fashion blogging, and I love blogs that do OOTD post, but I feel like such a lame-o with my amateur photo shoots. I have to admit that my pics are slowly improving.

Anyway, I love your pics! they look great :) LOVE your white dress/leather jacket combo, and your romper!

Keep the OOTD's going! We readers love them!

http://ifeluvsu.blogspot.com

ashlina {the decorista} said...

cute cute and cuter. that jumper is superb!

Anonymous said...

the link to your rap playlist post isn't working! i'm very excited to see its contents!

Veronika said...

love love love your hair when it's curly! can you please do a post or tutorial on how you style it?

thanks :)

Nado Queenie said...

OMG! I was going to send you a e-mail asking if you know where there are any cute rompers that arent that expensive, I've looked @ target & H&M & was unable to find anything, but I LOVE the one that you posted! Let me know if you know any other places that have great rompers @ a reasonable price :)
Thxs again for the post, love them!
xoxo