Monday, May 24, 2010

Summer Playlist- Old School Rock

Now that summer is just around the corner and everyone will be out this Memorial Weekend, I thought I'd post a few of my favorite songs/playlists from my collection this week leading up to the start of summer. I've tried to keep the list to my top 10, but I'm sure there will be a few posts with 12....or 15. Ok, I'll keep it under 20- promise. Each playlist will have a theme, and today's is Old School Rock. I grew up listening to my Dad's stuff because I didn't have an older sister/brother to teach me who NKOTB were....seriously, had no clue about them or why my friend Sissy was so obsessed. Luckily, I had other friends who did have older siblings and I totally love Whitney, Mariah, and Tiffany thanks to them.


This playlist is for easy car rides, laying out by the pool, and great music to BBQ or listen to on the boat. My old roomie used to call this my "Utah" music when I would play it while cleaning. LOL.  Ever list contains my favorites and I'm sure there's tons of great songs I've left off, so PLEASE leave your favorite in a comment below! I'm hoping to add some really great songs this week, just in time for my first summer vacation.

Photobucket



1. Elton John- Levon/Tiny Dancer/Saturday Night's Alright (For Fighting) (Nickelback & Kid Rock did an awesome remake of this song BTW for one of the Charlie's Angels movies)/ Bennie and The Jets/Rocket Man
2. Journey- Don't Stop Believin/Anyway You Want It (Rise Against has a great remake as well)/Lights
3. Billie Joel- Piano Man
4. Jimmy Buffet- If You Like Pina Coladas
5. The Beatles- Hey Jude/Let it Be/Help!/Can't Buy Me Love
6. Neil Diamond- Sweet Caroline/I'm a Believer/Mr Tambourine Man
7. Queen- Bohemian Rhapsody/Another One Bites the Dust
8. Bob Dylan- Knockin on Heaven's Door/Like a Rolling Stone
9. Foghart-Slow Ride
10. Creedence Clearwater Revival (CCR)- Proud Mary/Bad Moon Rising/Down on the Corner/Who'll Stop The Rain/Lookin' Out My Back Door
11. Aerosmith- Walk this Way/Dream On (Glee's version is amazing)/Sweet Emotion/Come Together
12. Manfred Mann-Blinded by the Light
13. The Police- Roxanne
14. AC/DC-Back in Black/Highway to Hell
15. Lovin' Spoonful- Summer in the City
16. Lynyrd Skynyrd- Sweet Home Alabama

4 comments :

Jessica said...

Great list! One could say I'm slightly obsessed with Journey :)

Jen said...

Dang girl, you hit the nail on the head!! These are all such fabulous songs! I'm off to youtube now to play all the vids ;-) Love ya girl!

Anonymous said...

ooooohhhh so good! i need make myself a beach playlist! thanks for doing all the leg-work :)

Kristen said...

Jessica- I saw Journey in concert and it was the best, I love all their songs.

Jen & Reed- Thanks! Hope you enjoy them! These are the perfect songs for summer