Saturday, May 1, 2010

Another Year, Another Candle

Photobucket

Here's a pic of my mother & father with me as a baby! Sorry for the grainy image, it's a picture of a picture via my blackberry.

Starting today, I am on my downhill ride of life. Just kidding! I do start my middle- late 20s though! Sheesh! When did I wake up so old?


I wanted to thank my friends, family, and readers for all of your birthday wishes and support! I've been very blessed in all aspects of my life and I hope to continue this trend.

Every year I try to have some goals for the next 5 years, so these might change as I finish them or as things become more/less important to me.So...to help ring in the next 5 years, I've made small (actually, re-reading these, only 1 is small) goals for myself to reach before the ripe age of 30:

1. Learn Spanish fluently
2. Finally make a quilt of all my sorority Ts
3. Have at least one baby! I thought I would have been finished or almost finished by now and I haven't even started! (this comes after engagement and marriage hopefully, and I know this might be a lame goal to some, but I'm dead serious about the whole family thing)
4. Buy a house
5. My Master's degree
6. Learn to whistle (had to have an easy one)

In celebration, is there anything anyone would like to know? Any posts I should do? Anything personal you want to know about me? Any posts you'd like to see more or less of? Nothing is off limits so feel free to ask away by leaving a comment below or emailing me at lovelipstickandpearls@ymail.com

6 comments :

Kristie said...

Happy Birthday, Kristen! I love your blog, it is so fun to read. :) have a fabulous day.

Annie @ Originate and Renovate said...

Kristen, I didn't realize you looked so much like your mom. This picture totally brings back memories of being at your house when we were little. I loved you goals, they are all great. The baby one, I am all about! it will literally change your life. Glad you have your priorities straight though.

Happy Birthday

Jessica said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Have a wonderful day.

Kristen said...

Thanks girls! My bday was fabulous!

Annie: I have the BEST memories of us when we were little! We'll have to get together one day, hopefully soon!

Jessica said...

You are such a good goal setter! I should follow your example. What a fun picture of you with your parents! I love all the things you write about on here, your blog is really well rounded.

Amber's Notebook said...

HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY! All I want to know is how you got such amazing hair!!