Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Resolutions, April Update

Ok, so here we are in month 5 for the year. I really hope all of you are doing well with your resolutions and can't wait to here how they are coming along! Here's a recap of April for me:

Photobucket
1. Write in my journal- I haven't written in my journal since February. Maybe I should give up on this one? Or maybe I should do it during my lunch break at work and not count on doing it when I'm dead tired at the end of the day. Hmmm....I'm going to try and switch up my "routine". Note to self- bring in journal to work tomorrow...setting a reminder on my blackberry now.
Photobucket
2. This is my year of savings- still saving my dinero, but haven't opened a Roth IRA yet.  I'll make some phone calls this week to get a hop on it. I did talk with someone at my current bank about the account, but they didn't have great interest rates. I need to seriously do this asap because the year is almost half way over. ALMOST HALF WAY PEOPLE!!
Photobucket
3. Lose 15lbs by May 1st- Well, I did not work out before work like I had planned to, but I did work out pretty regularly. There were some days (that may or may not have turned into the last two weeks) that were pretty busy for me after work so I ditched the gym to have fun instead.Now I only have 5 lbs left to lose and will have them gone by the end of the month. I've started walking during my lunch break at work for 30 minutes, I've continued to eat healthy (50% veggies, smaller portions, etc), and I plan on working out three times a week to get that lost 5 lbs off my dang body. At the end of the month I'll be living it up in Havasu and wearing my bikini 24/7 so I have to get the last lbs off. In reality, I don't care so much about my weight as how I look/feel, but I do want to get this last bit of pudge of my belly. MARK MY WORDS it WILL be gone soon.
Photobucket
4. Learn to cook- I still haven't cooked at all besides some cupcakes and these cake balls. I think I'll just learn to cook once I have a live vs die situation and ditch this resolution for now. If I ever do cook, I'll make sure to take photos to document the phenomenon.
Photobucket
5. To be more personal on this blog- I'm not sure if you've noticed or not, but I've made Mondays my "personal" day and have posted pics of my friends and family for different activities. I've really enjoyed doing the posts and look forward to them every Monday. I've also started doing product reviews on Tuesdays, which I've also quite enjoyed because it gives me an excuse to buy stuff to try out (yay!) or to try new hair/makeup tricks. Also, after a few requests I'm going to do an Outfit of the Day as well soon, but not my everyday outfits, but ones I've re-created based on celebrity or trend inspirations.

Photobucket
So, how have you ladies been doing with your resolutions? Have you changed or modified any of them? Have you jumped ship to any of them?

PS do you recognize these pics? They're from the original Gidget movie, one of my faves. I have it on VHS and have since added the DVD version to my Amazon cart. If you haven't seen it yet, I highly recommend it for a great girls night in.

9 comments :

Day Old News said...

Havasu! How fun, that is motivation indeed. If you ever need any simple recipes or cooking tips, let me know! I adore cooking!

Kristen said...

Thanks DON! You're such a doll! I'll definitely keep you in mind when I need some recipes! xoxo

Coley said...

I love your resolution updates! I've been approx. 50% with my resolutions...it's a daily battle!

Jessica said...

Great resolutions! Also I love these photos. I've never seen the movie - might need to check it out :)

Dacia said...

These Gidget photos are so cute! :) My resolutions this year were to learn one recognizable song to play on the guitar (That resolution is nowhere near complete! But I did learn how to tune my guitar! Have to start somewhere right?! lol) and to learn to cook. I've been doing really well with the last one! I like to read cooking blogs for easy recipes. :)

Kristen said...

Coley- 50% is better than nothing! Good luck for this month!

Jessica- You have to check out the movie, I love it!

Dacia- Congrats on the guitar! Step one is definitely tuning it, you'll be learning a song in no time! Congrats with doing so well on cooking, maybe you'll inspire with your drive!

Great job girls! I'll be sending waves of positivity, strength, and motivation your way!

Jessica said...

I applaud you for keeping track of your resolutions. It's a great idea I should do next year. :) A year goes by so fast!

Miss Tanya said...

I'M SO PROUD OF YOU!!! I cant wait for our new bikini bods! love you! also i love the choice of pictures so sassy and old school

Amber's Notebook said...

AHHH Gidet!!!!