Friday, May 28, 2010

Summer Playlist- Girl Mix

The last playlist this week is dedicated to songs for you and your girlfriends. It's perfect for road trips, getting ready, and always cheers you up when you need a little boost. Each song was chosen because they're fun and upbeat and are sung by some amazing ladies- many of whom I admire both for their talents, beauty, fashion sense, or accomplishments. 


Again, I'm sure there's tons of great songs I've left off, so PLEASE leave your favorite in a comment below! I'm hoping to add some really great songs this week, just in time for my first summer vacation.


Check out the Rap playlist here and the Old School Rockplaylist here if you missed them.


Photobucket


  1. Beyonce- Single Ladies/Crazy in Love/Halo/Naughty Girl/Video Phone/Check On It
  2. Bonnie Tyler- Total Eclipse of the Heart (Glee has a great one too)/Holding Out for a Hero
  3. Britney Spears- Circus/Womanizer/Toxic/If U Seek Amy/Radar/Gimme More/Slave 4 U/Me Against the Music
  4. The Pussycat Dolls- When I Grow Up/Beep/Buttons/Don't Cha/Wait A Minute/I Hate This Part
  5. Spice Girls- Wannabe/Spice Up Your Life/Stop
  6. Lady Gaga- Bad Romance/Poker Face/Love Game/Telephone/Just Dance
  7. The Ting Tings- That's Not My Name/Shut Up and Let Me Go
  8. Madonna- Express Yourself/Like A Virgin/Borderline/Holiday/Like A Prayer/Material Girl
  9. La Roux- Bulletproof
  10. Miley Cyrus- Can't Be Tamed/Party In the USA/7 Things/Fly On the Wall (Yes, we all know how much I dislike little miss Cyrus, but I have a confession....I love her music and her new video for Can't Be Tamed. Judge all you want)
  11. Danity Kane- Damaged
  12. Rihanna- Umbrella/ SOS/Pon De Replay/Rude Boy/Don't Stop the Music/Disturbia 
  13. Lil Mama- Lipgloss/Shawty Get Loose
  14. Christina Aguilera- Not Myself Tonight/Dirrty/Ain't No Other Man/Keeps Gettin' Better/Lady Marmalade/Fighter
  15. Nelly Furtado- Promiscuous/Say It Right/Maneater
  16. Black Eye Peas- Don't Phunk With My Heart/My Humps/Meet Me Halfway/Pump It/Shut Up/Boom Boom Pow/Imma Be
  17. Kelly Clarkson- Since U Been Gone/My Life Would Suck Without You/Walk Away/I Do Not Hook Up/Never Again
  18. Paramore- Misery Business/Brick by Boring Brick/Crushcrushcrush/That's What You Get/Decode
  19. Kesha- Tik Tok/Your Love Is My Drug
  20. Cascada- Evacuate the Dance Floor/Everytime We Touch/Dangerous
  21. Starship Cobra- Hot Mess/Good Girls Go Bad (okay, this is a guy band, but these songs are about girls so they count! Lol)
  22. Mariah Carey- Heartbreaker/Honey/Touch My Body/Obsessed/Fantasy/Dreamlover (You have no idea how hard it was to wittle down the list for Sister Carey- I've been a fan since the 3rd grade!)
  23. Pat Benatar- Love Is a Battlefield/Hit Me With Your Best Shot
  24. Katy Perry- California Gurls/Hot N Cold/I Kissed a Girl/Waking Up In Vegas
  25. Janet Jackson- Rhythm Nation/Escapade/Feedback/All for You/Nasty/What have You Done for Me Lately/Miss You Much

5 comments :

Jen said...

Fab list girl!! You nailed it! Love the oldies but goodies too... like Pat and Bonnie!!

Frances @ It's Sew My Style said...

This is another great list! The only song I would suggest for you to add is Paper Gangsta by Lady Gaga. Love it!

Anonymous said...

aaahhh! so fun! makes me want to go to a bachelorette party!

Erica said...

Great choices! I love Lil Mama's lipstick. These are great choices for my karaoke nights! :)

Leah said...

Love this playlist! So great!