Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Celeb Inspiration: Cameron Diaz

Since I have Katy Perry's new song "California Girls" stuck in my head, I figured who else would be a perfect Celeb Inspiration than Cameron? This lady has a great casual sense of style, but can really bring it on the red carpet. There were SO many pictures I wanted to feature of her, but tried to stick with this 30 or so (lol). Her style is very laid back, but still chic. Even on the red carpet her hair is never fussy. I'll give a break down of all her different looks.

Street Casual- First, her street casual (some relaxed red carpet pics were included) is so chic. I don't know of any woman who can work a pair of jeans like her. She has amazing legs and her jean choices really show them off. She also looks very polished, even when "dressing down". A huge key to Cameron's style is her accessories. Most of her outfits are pretty basic (white button down, basic tees/tanks, dark jeans), but what really pulls her look together is how she wears them- scarfs, jackets, killer shoes, or a great bag help to step up her look helping her go from "just another day" to "I'm game for anything".
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket


Her boots were made for walkin! Focusing on her major accessory of choice, just take a look at how Cameron uses her shoes to make a statement:
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
She takeS advantage of shoes bright colors to snazzy up anything she wears. Could you imagine her closet? Although I've seen leopard heels around, I never felt like I needed a pair until now.


Stylishly Chic-Miss Diaz knows how to look so chic with a short hemline and chooses dresses that show her great physique. If she's not using colored shoes, her go-to shoe is nude, elongating her lean stems.
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket


Red carpet- Cameron doesn't miss a beat bringing glamour to special events. What I admire most about her style is her courageousness. She's not afraid of different cuts, colors, or using jewelry to add some color. My favorite looks of hers would be the long gold 70s-ish dress (remind me of Goldie Hawn), her gorgeous fuschia gown with turquoise jewelry, and her recent Oscar dress.
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket


I love this pic, it's so funny
Photobucket

What do you think of Cameron's style? Who should be the next Celeb Inspiration?

Don't forget to enter my first giveaway here.

14 comments :

Anonymous said...

LOVE HER! my favorite outfit of all time for her is the red polkadot with the distressed jeans...just love it. it's so ME!

next inspiration...hmm...diane kruger? gwenyth paltrow? jessica alba?

Abigail Wise said...

Ah She looks so amazing in everything right! I like her casual look the best though I think.

Anonymous said...

i like how you describes how exactly she bumps up her casual looks - i need to do the same thing!

Marcie said...

I couldn't agree more. She is the epitome of Cali cool. I love her best with dark hair. It makes her eyes pop. She is beautiful.

:) Marcie

Jessica said...

Thanks for all the great inspiration pics! Cameron is not one of my favorite actresses (she just rubs me the wrong way for some reason) but style-wise she is great! I'm pretty sure she also works with Rachel Zoe :)

Amanda said...

She is really gorgeous! And it's so true, her hair is never fussy or overdone and always looks good! She is a good inspiration!

Unknown said...

thank you so much for stopping by my blog — i did a style icon post on her as well! she is consistently glamorous and always smiling — what's not to love? i totally second the comment about leopard wedges... if you find a great pair let me know!

Kristen said...

Reed- Great pick! I think that was a great look that will stay chic for years. Thanks for the suggestions too! You'll be seeing them soon :)

WiseTake- I agree, her casual is so great and I think it's really easy to copy as well.

Anotherfishinthesea- Thanks love!

Marcie- I prefer her blonde, probably because I'm used to her that way, but I think she looks great brunette too.

Jessica- I think she works with Rachel Zoe too, but even her casual stuff looks stunning.

Mackenzie- You're welcome! I'm glad I found your blog, I really enjoy reading your posts. I'll definitely do a post if I find some leopard wedges.

Don't forget about my giveaway ladies, make sure enter!

Sarah said...

i do love Cam's dressed down style, she always looks chic, but i wish she didn't always wear jeans!! Love it when she dresses up, all her red carpet looks are perfect! xxx

Coley said...

Cameron is so tall and has such a stellar (strong) figure, she can wear just about anything. One of my faves is the black and white mini. LOVE it.

Jen said...

Hey Doll! Great montage! According to muah, Cameron can do no wrong!! She always looks super HOT. I don't think I've ever seen a bad picture of her... even the last one is cute ;-)

But for your next celeb inspriration.... (drum roll please)... Rachel Bilson!!

Lyndsy said...

Heart every single thing about her! She is the cutest thing ever, and has the absolute best style!

Nado Queenie said...

I love her casual style...she makes it seem like it's so effortless, so be that laid back but still sexy & chic!
love the cleb inspirations...keep them comming!
xoxo

Leslie @ A Blonde Ambition said...

She has the BEST style! I've never seen her wear anything that wasn't totally cute and adorable!