Friday, April 16, 2010

The Summer Styles I Want

Summer and Spring are my favorite seasons, it's warm, shorter hemlines emerge, slushies move to the forefront pushing hot chocolate to the back, vacations begin and love is in the air. For this summer, I want a fun, classy and feminine look to emerge and I plan on going through my clothes in the next two weeks to sort through and donate unwanted items. I'm no longer in college and in two weeks I'll be on the downhill of my 20s (I've already started my sobbing). Here are looks that I've been loving and plan on dressing similar too by wearing my old stuff a different way (maybe altering some sleeves, hemlines, maybe taking in some seams and getting "new" skinny jeans?), wearing different accessories, etc. and adding some key pieces to my wardrobe. This will all be in addition to my Spring 2010 Fashion.


One shoulder dresses/tops
PhotobucketPhotobucket
White is hot year round and I love one-shoulder cuts (I already own several items this style) I did find a similar one to this on Lulus, but I'm afraid it might make me look prego. Also, this is a great cut for me and anytime you can wear a bra it's a plus in my book, even if it's only one strap.


Using leopard print to punch up my outfits
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
I love bright colors and adding a leopard accessory is a quick pick me up to any outfit.


Feminine, dressy tops with shorts
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Swoon! I'm so in love with this 70s vibe, the floral shorts are super cute and the first top would look great with jeans, skirts, or shorts. I love the second look, so classy and fun *don't forget the heart sunglasses! Hilary Duff's outfit would be the perfect date look or afternoon BBQ.

Hats!
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
I own several fedoras (I was (still am) really into Britney) and need to make more use of them!

Cleaning out my closet and seeing what I already have I'm hoping to re-utilize and shop my wardrobe to create a lot of new looks. Have you started your spring cleaning? Have you switched your winter wardrobe out? What looks are you excited to wear, new and old?

5 comments :

Jessica said...

I too plan on wearing leopard print, and dressier blouses with shorts! Good thinking :)

Ashley J said...

All these outfits are great inspiration!!

http://www.afashionfixation.blogspot.com/

kippyskippy said...

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/alltherage/2010/04/summers-it-nail-polish.html

Okay doll. Review this next. Blue nails?!? Really?

Lindsey said...

I LOVE one shoulder dresses, as well as hats. Actually, I bought a new summery hat today. Think I am wearing it tomorrow! I am a HUGE hat person! Love them! =)

Kelsey said...

You are right on with all of these trends. I am currently lusting after many items. I swear, it seriously fills like a void in my wardrobe, haha