Thursday, April 22, 2010

Mmmmm You Smell Pretty

I wear perfume everyday, some I use more than others, and some I wear only on special occasions. When I first started to wear perfume, once I finished a bottle I'd be done with it. I'd be so over the scent I still can't wear some of them today. Then there's the few disappointments that at first smelled great, but after time you realized you just smelled like an old lady and only use the bottle now for decoration or paper weights.

I have found a few that are tried and true. Here are the few that have made the cut and I've continued to buy repeatedly:
Photobucket
Daisy by Marc Jacobs I wear most often, it's a light scent of violets, strawberries, jasmine, and vanilla.

Photobucket
J'Adore by Dior I wear often too, but usually when I'm feeling extra special or have a particularly cute outfit on. It's very feminine and sultry scent of white magnolias, Calabrian bergamot, citrust, and rose.

Photobucket
Issey Miyake is my special night scent. It's a little strong than the others and I save it for big nights out. It's scent is floral with lotus, cyclamen, freesia, and a musky wood.

I've worn all three of these for years now and have received numerous compliments on them. I'll probably still be wearing them when I am an old lady!

What are your favorite scents? Have you picked up any new ones?

8 comments :

Amanda said...

I'm not big into perfume, so the one I use (when I actually use it) is Lucky (not sure what brand it is, but you can buy it at Target). I've heard good things about Daisy and J'Adore though.

Kristie said...

I wear Gucci Envy Me. I love.

Day Old News said...

I wear Marc Jacobs and Michael Kors for every day, Burberry Weekend occasionally, Prada if I'm doing it up big, but my favorite is Bvlgari Pour Femme.

Jessica said...

I love perfume and I'm always on the hunt for my "signature scent" but like you, I tend to get tired of a scent after I wear it for awhile. I do really like alot of Victoria's Secret scents. "Heavenly", "Pink" and "Noir" being 3 of my favorites. I also looove Chanel Chance. Its near the top of my all-time favorites. I want to try Marc Jacobs "Lola"!

Jessica said...

I love perfume and I'm always on the hunt for my "signature scent" but like you, I tend to get tired of a scent after I wear it for awhile. I do really like alot of Victoria's Secret scents. "Heavenly", "Pink" and "Noir" being 3 of my favorites. I also looove Chanel Chance. Its near the top of my all-time favorites. I want to try Marc Jacobs "Lola"!

Jessica said...

Thanks for your ideas, I stopped wearing perfume a few years ago. I'm not really sure why but I always appreciate other ladies who wear it. You're inspired me to try it again!

J @ The Look 4 Less said...

I think my all time favorite is Stella by Stella McCartney. I don't wear it all the time but I love it.

Kristen said...

Thanks ladies! You guys are such gems! I'll have to try some of your favorites, maybe I'll find a new favorite of mine!