Monday, April 12, 2010

Wanna Getaway?

A few weeks ago, the BF and I were finally able to celebrate our two year anniversary and went to Palm Springs for a night away. While we were there we took the Aerial Tramway, the world's largest rotating tramcar. It was so neat and beautiful, but it was cold up there! There was so much snow (kind of reminded me of back home) and people were ready to go with their sleds. There's also tons of hikes to do and the BF and I plan on going up there again, but we'll be ready! Here are some pics:

The tram takes you up over 12,000 ft and rotates the entire time so you can take in the gorgeous view. It's kind of scary only because you're standing instead of sitting, but I had no problem with it even though I'm scared of heights. I would definitely recommend taking the tram to anyone visiting Palm Springs, but be better prepared with a picnic or hiking plans to really have the full experience.
Photobucket

The view is phenomenal, I couldn't believe it looks like this in Palm Springs.
Photobucket

The BF and I
Photobucket

I thought this bench was so cute! We sat here for a while and people watched.
Photobucket

5 comments :

Jessica said...

Sounds like fun!! I have always wanted to visit Palm Springs.

Have a great week!

Amanda said...

I haven't been to Palm Springs in forever!! Glad you got to get away!!

Lyndsy said...

What a fun little getaway. I need to look into this as an idea as well!

Jessica said...

YES, I wanna get away! So glad you got to, how fun. You two going to get married or what?

Anonymous said...

That's Mt. San Jacinto!

Hiked it last year. So glad to know there's still snow!! :)