Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Celebrity Inspiration Board

So... if you don't already know (or assume) I'm a fashion/beauty/celeb junkie. I subscribe to InStyle & Glamour, and I'm always buying the People StyleWatch (I'm hoping to get a subscription for my bday...hint to anyone who's interested). Since I was in the junior high, I've always cut and clipped out articles, pictures, etc from magazines or wherever that inspire me. I have recently started to glue them onto construction paper and put them on my wall so when I don't know what to wear, how to do my hair, or want to try a new makeup look, I have something to check out and try. These pictures are mostly of hair and makeup looks (there's only two for outfits-Ashley Tisdale & SJP, both white dresses nonetheless) and I'm going to really really really try and do more with my hair and makeup this summer. I've already tried 2 different looks and got positive feedback, after I have a few more I'll do a post to show you guys, I've made sure to take pictures. The pink frame you see above some of the pics is my personal inspiration board of personal cards from friends and family, pictures, and little quotes or stories that I enjoy.

Here's an overview of the pictures I have:

Photobucket

Here's a close up of each page:
PhotobucketPhotobucket


The braid section, I'm really looking forward to rocking these this summer:
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket


My celeb board is usually full of clothes and outfits, but I feel like my hair and makeup have kind of been in a rut and I wanted to try new stuff without having to whip out my ATM card.

What do you think? Who's look do you admire most? Do you ever copy hair, makeup, clothes from a magazine or celebrity?

7 comments :

Jessica said...

Nope, never copied a celebrity... just YOU! I totally did my hair in a fish braid to the side on Sunday, I love it and want to do it everyday now. I guess I need an inspiration board too so I'm not so boring. I love your ideas, so keep them coming!

By the way, I was wondering what you know about skin care... I'm turning 27 this year and realize the sooner the better I start taking care of my skin so I don't look old and wrinkly sooner than I have to. Is it all genetics? Or is there something I can do to help my skin look better day to day and over the long run?

Thanks Kristen!

Nado Queenie said...

Girlie...love your board! all beautiful looks & love how u do your hair & make up all the time. I love the simple look...wish I could try the whole braid look (love it) but I don't have long enough hair for it.
XOXO

Jessica said...

I like to look at the celebs for ideas but don't feel like I immitate any one in particular. I love your photo board idea. Sometime would you share the one with notes and quotations? I am obsessed with finding awesome quotes :)

Kristen said...

Jessica- Thanks, you're so cute! I bet the fish braid looked gorgeous on you, you've always had such lush locks. I don't know very much about skin care other than to wash every day, use a toner, moisturize moisturize moisturize, make sure you wear sunscreen everyday, to apply lotions and such in an "up and out" manner, and just recently my friend who has been doing makeup/skincare for years said that whatever product you use, you should use the entire line because they're made to work together. I thought that was pretty good advice, and obvious i just never thought about it.

Kristen said...

Queenie- thanks love! You could totally do the braid look in the front of your hair like kate hudson, jennifer aniston, and molly sims. I first started doing the braid look 3 years ago when I had short hair too to keep my bangs out of my face. You could totally make it work for you!

Jessica- I will definitely share my personal inspiration board, it's always changing so I'll take a photo of a time I think it has the most going for it. lol. I'm obsessed with quotes too!

Thanks for commenting everyone! I really appreciate all of your opinions, thoughts, and comments! Love you! xoxo

Anonymous said...

Hi, my name is Tim. Just wanted to say hi to the forum, I been creeping around here for a while now, but tend to participate more. Looking forward to make some new friends. Ciao!

Tim

NY, NY

Anonymous said...

I totally support that! Continue that way!