Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Celeb Inspiration: Dakota Fanning

I was looking through my saved pictures I find and keep because I like the outfit/hair/makeup etc. and I noticed there's a couple of people I have several pictures of. Then, I thought it would be a great idea to do a post about each person's style and what not that I admire. So here we go, I'll be doing a new post every few weeks that will feature someone that I admire both professionally and stylishly. Then I'd like to hear your thoughts! Who do you like? Who do you think is an awesome role model? Who always looks fab in about anything? I'd love to hear feedback!

Dakota Fanning has really been going all out lately! I'm so happy for her that she's doing so well, not just on the red carpet, but career wise as well. Although she's only 16 (can you believe it?), we have known her for a while (I Am Sam is a favorite of mine) and I must say that I really admire her fashion and beauty choices. I love that she keeps her hair simple and am quite jealous at her shine and how even when she wears it straight she (her stylist) makes it look really glam. Her make-up is age appropriate, simple, and gorgeous all the time as well. I love how her eyes looked at the New Moon premiere.

I think one of the most difficult things for women is dressing age appropriately (hello Miley Cyrus & Real Housewives of Everywhere, I'm talking to you). I know that this is something I struggle with, but I think it's even more difficult for women who have been in the spotlight for so long. All those awkward years? Sheesh, I'm so glad I didn't have to walk the red carpet when I was 14. When I was looking for pictures from her younger years, Dakota always found dresses that were young and fresh and wore them with appropriate make-up, shoes, etc.

When she first started walking the red carpet:
Photobucket

Photobucket


How she does it I don't know, but Dakota finds time to be a varsity cheerleader & homecoming queen at her high school.
Photobucket


Dakota's style is short and sweet
Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket

She looks great all glammed up and cougared out
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket


I'm really looking forward to seeing more of her and how her style develops. What do you think of Dakota? Do you think she will be around forever?

3 comments :

Dacia said...

I LOVE Dakota Fanning! She is such a talented actress and definitely one of my favorites!

Amanda said...

I think she is such a good actress and she definitely wears cute clothes!! What a great inspiration!

Coley said...

She is such an adorable girl, and an incredible actress. She seems like such a classy little lady too. Big fan.