Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Product Reviews New & Updated

Hello everyone! Product reviews from other bloggers are one of my favorites posts because you get to hear REAL feedback and not just "we get paid to promote this" yackety yack. I've been using some great new stuff, but wanted to really road test them before telling everyone to go out and buy them. I've also wanted to do a few updates from past reviews because sometimes you buy them and love them for the first week or so and then stop using it after a while and sometimes you don't know how you lived without them.
#1 MAC Mineralize Blush (Duo)
PhotobucketPhotobucket
I bought this goldmine of a find a few weeks ago in the above color Two Virtues. I thought it would be a fun, bold color for nights out and went for this shade instead of the safer color Rhapsody for Two which would be used as more of a highlighter than a blush. I AM SO GLAD I DID. This has to be the BEST blush I have ever used in my life. I wear it every. single. day. You can see what it looks like on in my
New Beauty & Hair Looks. It must said that it does look better in person than it does in the pictures- it has more of a flushed "I'm so in love" vibe going on.
I've had my sister (who has beautiful sun kissed skin) and my BF's sister (who has gorgeous more pale skin) and it looked great on them both. I give this product an A+++ and think it's a great shade for anyone because the pink and purple work really well together and compliment a range of skin tones.
#2 TreSemme Freshstart Dry Shampoo
Photobucket
To find this little nugget I literally went to four Targets, two Rite-Aids and finally found it at Wal-Greens. Of course you can find it everywhere now, go figure. For anyone who doesn't know what dry shampoo is or what's it for, it's a powder spray to freshen your locks. You would use it instead of putting baby powder on your roots when they get greasy, which can easily turn into looking like a granny if you use too much.

I've used this once a week for several weeks and it's a gem. It's bottle is a regular skinny one like hairspray and for $5 a pop it should be in every girl's bathroom. It has a light lemon scent, sprays evenly, and lasts all day and sometimes even the next day my hair is ok for another day without a wash. It's only downfall -and this may be because I have fine hair- is that if I use too much of it, it makes my hair texture kinda yucky. It doesn't look yucky AT ALL, but it kind of feels that way. Note: my hair gets like that when I use too much of any product, but is still my only complaint.

This product would be great for any lady who wants an extra day without shampooing, for someone who has long locks, or someone who has greasy roots. Rating A.


Now onto past reviews:
#3 Maybelline Eye Shadow
Photobucket
I tried this a while back (see the post here) and have been using it a lot. The first two shades from Give Me Gold I have been using as a highlighter on my cheeks above my blush as well. I even bought the Legendary Lilac quad for my New Beauty & Hair Looks.
#4 MAC Tinted Lipglass
Photobucket
I bought the Feeling Dreamy from the "Warm and Cozy" collection (see post here and you can see what it looks like on here)and said that I couldn't live without it and I still mean it! It is the BEST nude lipcolor I have ever used.
#5 Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse Foundation
Photobucket
Here's the review here and although I did like it, I have since switched to...
Photobucket
Superstay 24HR Makeup. The new formula in the 24 hr is much creamier and blends a lot better for me. It's light weight and looks natural, even at the end of the day. Since buying it, I have already replaced instead of trying a different formula/brand/or sticking with the Mousse formula.
What products do you use? Have you tried any of the products in this post? Do you like posts like this and want to see more?

7 comments :

Jessica said...

I am oh so very excited to try that dry shampoo, what a wonderful invention! Thanks for your reviews.

Nado Queenie said...

oooooh i want the mac blush! can't wait to try it...Thanks Miss K!

Unknown said...

Can I just say THANK YOU for introducing me to the dry shampoo!! I love it! I find that my texture is weird when I use to much too however, some days I have to be at work at 5 a.m. it is SO nice to wake up spary, brush, and my hair is done.

Jessica said...

I love product reviews too! I seriously need to give dry shampoo a try. I have heard such good things about it.

Did you see that I posted my email in a comment on my blog? I don't know if you read it or not.

:)

Lyndsy said...

Thanks for the heads up about the Treseme dry shampoo. I use the Bastisse but would love to save $5 bucks a bottle. I am going to look for it tonight!

Amanda said...

I've been looking for a good dry shampoo so THANK YOU! I will have to try it. I just recently tried a Maybelline Eyeshadow quad (it doesn't look like the one you pictured) but in purple! I loved it! Next time I use it, I'll take a picture for you :)

Kristen said...

You're welcome ladies! Let me know if you try any of the items how you like them