Thursday, March 4, 2010

I Want! I Want! Spring 2010 Beauty

Pastel Eyes
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Pastel shadow is great to try if you're make-up shy, because it's not quite as vibrant as a smoky eye. Some shadows to try that won't break the bank is Maybelline Eye Studio Color Pearls Marbelized Eyeshadow or the Maybelline Eye Studio Color Plush Silk Eyeshadow, you can see my review of it here.


Glowing Skin
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket
Ok, when is glowing skin not look great? Summer usually means less makeup and a good way to achieve "glowing" skin (besides genetics, a good diet, and excercise) is some bronzer or a tinted moisturizer. I use
MAC Bronzing Powder in Refined Golden, but I really want to try NARS Bronzing Powder or Illuminator in Laguna. I hear such great things about it ALL the time and definitely want to try it out. What bronzer do you use (if you use one)?


Thick Eye Liner
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
These beauties have a cat eye, which you can achieve by extending your liner a bit at the end. In case of any mess, just dip a q-tip in makeup remover and you can easily fix any mistakes or even out each side. Thick eye liner is my go to trick when I don't feel like wearing eye shadow, but still want to make my eyes pop.

High Buns
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
I'm excited to try this look because a) I never really wear my hair up and b) if I do wear it up, I always wear it parted in the front. I love how up-dos look though when the front of the hair goes straight back.

Textured Ponytails
Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket
This is a great look to try the day after a night out. My hair holds a curl really well so I think it's easy to just fix the front of my hair and pull the rest back. If you have oily hair, try a dry shampoo like
Tresemme Fresh Start. It's brand new, and I had a difficult time finding it (I went to 4 Targets and 3 Rite-Aids before I found it at Walgreens) I'm starting to see it everywhere now.


Braids
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket
I love the braid and have been wearing it since like...ever. I'm glad it came back in style a few years ago and that it's stuck. Don't know how to do a french-braid? Check out how
here. Fishtail braid (Fergie's and Dianna Argon)? Learn how to here.



Lavender Nails
Photobucket
I'm obsessed with
Sally Hansen's Insta-Dri Nail Color in Lively Lilac! It's so cute and the perfect shade of lavender. Plus, I really LOVE this brand and have noticed that the polish lasts longer than other ones I've tried. You can see great reviews at Steph's Closet Photo and at Coley's Closet Cravings.

What looks are you excited to try? Any product recommendations?

4 comments :

Amanda said...

I need to figure out how to do a textured ponytail because my hair does not hold a curl very well, but I love the look. I want to play around with the pastel eyes and thick eyeliner too because I get bored!!

VP said...

I can't wait to try out a braid as my hair is finally long enough!

I'd love to hear what you think of those cover songs!

Anonymous said...

love it! I have that OPI lilac color & get so many complements on it everytime I use it!
~ Reyna

Lyndsy said...

Love all these trends! I have been trying to incorporate the braid lately and I LOVE the textured pony tail. So pretty!