Monday, March 8, 2010

Oscar Fashion Review

Here are my best dressed:
Photobucket

Kristen Stewart killed it last night (although her personality is a blackhole). I've never seen her look so gorgeous before! Her hair was pulled up elegantly, her dress was dark and glamorous, I hope I see her like this more on the red carpet in the future.

Photobucket

Cameron Diaz was a glamazon last night! I don't think I've ever seen her look so classic as she does in this beautifully beaded dress, bright lips, and gorgeous long hair. I love love loved it!

Photobucket

I never thought I'd see Miley Cyrus on my best dressed list. Who knew!? I thought she looked really elegant and I adored her hair and makeup. The top of this dress was gorgeous!

For best dressed male I thought Ryan Reynolds looked fab! I think it's really hard for men to stand out when they don't get a lot of options for a tuxedo. They kind of just get lost along the sea of beautiful women.
Photobucket

I loved that his jacket went a bit lower than other ones, the classic black buttons on his shirt, and his crisp bow tie was to GQ. Kudos Ryan for standing out!

Honorable mentions go to the following:
Photobucket

Meryl Streep is always a beauty.

Photobucket

Queen Latifah is always glamorous.

Photobucket

Amanda Seyfried looked great in this wedding-esque dress.

Photobucket

Jake Gyllenhaal would look great in anything....especially nothing at all.

Photobucket

Brian Geraghty, I loved how he brought some youth to his "penguin" suit with his spiky hair.


Here's my worst dressed:
Photobucket

Zoe Saldana has been one of the most gorgeous women on the red carpet lately, but I just didn't care for this dress. I felt that the bottom didn't match the top and it should have been either-or.

Photobucket

Carey Mulligan's jewelry was breathtaking and I liked the top of this dress, but I hated how it came up in the front. I think it's a really hard look to pull off and it reminds me too much of a bad homecoming dress. This would have been a perfect look if either a) the front came up higher, just above her knees or b) was floor length in the front.

Photobucket

Mariah Carey needs to step it up already. I know she has beautiful curves and great legs, find something that is classy and sexy. Find a new stylist.

Who did you think was best dressed? Worst dressed? Did you watch the awards? Or just the red carpet coverage?

Did you notice that there was very little smoky eyes? A lot of women went for a more natural look. I loved it, and to me it said "I'm ready for summer!"

10 comments :

Jessica said...

I was in love with the nude gowns this year. Cameron, Miley, and Demi all looked stunning!!

http://theloveofshopping.blogspot.com

Nado Queenie said...

Miley, Really? I loved her hair & make up but def. thought the dress blended into her skin tone & it wasn't flattering at all on her breast. & Ryan Reynolds is a HOTTIE!!!

Nado Queenie said...

Miley, really? I loved the hair & make up but not the dress. I guess I'm against everyone else on this because they seemed to have loved her.
But I did love Ryan Reynolds...HOTTIE!

Kristen said...

Jessica- I loved the nude dresses too! I can't wait to check out your blog, thanks for commenting!

Queenie- Yes, I LOVED Miley's dress! I loved the corset top with the fairytale bottom. I think the shade looked good on her skin, but a spray tan wouldn't have hurt. :)

Coley said...

Totally agree about K Stew. It's about damn time!

Frances @ It's Sew My Style said...

I liked Kristen's dress, but didn't care much for her hair and lack of accessories. I felt it could have been done a little better. I loved Cameron Diaz's dress and even Miley Cyrus looked nice. And oh boy was I glad to see Ryan Reynolds. He's such a hottie!

Kristie said...

I love everything you love and hated everything you hated. I LOVE THIS POST.

Kristen said...

Frances- Kristen definitely could have worn better accessories, but I'll take what I can get from her. lol.

Kristie- you're so cute! I LOVE you!

Amanda said...

I think Kristen looked great, but could she maybe smile a little? She never ever looks happy to be where she is. I LOVED Miley's dress too, I just think she needed to stand up straight!! The other picture of her I saw, her posture was really weird as well. Great post!

Karli Anderson said...

I agree with most of your choices, however I loved Zoe Saldana's dress! I thought the color was beautiful and it was very unique. I was also surprised by Miley's outfit.... I'm not of a fan of the girl but she did look stunning! Koodos to Kristen too....about time!!