Monday, May 23, 2011

OOTD & Weekend Re-Cap

Life has been crazy now that I'm back and a newlywed and I PROMISE you ladies (and gents!) that I will post nearly ALL pictures from the wedding. We should be getting our professional photos back in the next week and then I'll probably devote a full week of posting to the wedding; the details, bridal party pics, getting ready, couple pics, party pics, and then share with you guys the ones I've received from the party goers. I'd just like for you guys to see the pro shots first!

Ok, now I'd like to to a little catching up with you guys.

First Pic:
Nordstrom Blue Draped Top (from this Recent Purchase post)
White tank
Target Mossimo Pencil Skirt

Second Pic:
F21 Yellow Tank and necklace
White tank
AE Shorts (from this Recent Purchase post)

This weekend was so busy! The hubster and I hadn't moved in yet together (see my post about that here) so he left to go on an annual father/son fishing trip his family does every year while I got to catch-up with my girlfriends and get my room ready for him to move in when he returned.

My girlfriends and I wanted to see the movie "Bridesmaids" and met up at The Lazy Dog cafe for dinner beforehand...however it went too late and we missed the movie! The next one started too late for us so we decided to head out to Manhattan Beach for a night on the town. It was awesome and so much fun! We made it to the bar just in time for the rapture...that never happened. Lol. We may or may not have started the 10 second countdown at the bar like it was NYE. I love us.
I'm sad because the DJ wouldn't play Britney Spear's "Til The World Ends" on repeat for me.
Playing "Weekend at Bernie's" with my Grand Big Sis

I'm not sure if I've told you guys yet or not, but the Hubster and I have decided to move into my Mom's home while we save to buy our own place. My sister and I shared a Jack-and-Jill room (two rooms that connect to each other, but only one closet and entryway) and she moved out so Matt and I decided that the rooms would be a good fit for us. My room will be our bedroom and her old room will be a "living" room if you will. I spent the rest of my weekend cleaning and organizing and making room for my love to move his stuff over this week. It was a lot of work and will definitely be a work in progress because I need to do a MAJOR closet clean-out and decide if  really need those old prom dresses, clothes that I'm clinging too, and old odds and ends that I want for prosperity but have absolutely no use for.

Here's a pic of my hard work, here's all of his closet space:

Mind you, the closet is smaller than a dorm room sized one. There's also another side rack that had a small space for him. Like I said, this is definitely a work in progress for us. I made the Hubby promise me that our future home will include a walk-in closet and he's agreed so far. We moved a couch, dresser for the Hubs, and TV over and will bring his smaller items over this week. Then it's purge and store time for us baby!

Let me ask you blog friends, how was your move-in experience with your spouse/boyfriend?
How did you incorporate both of your styles together?
What challenges did you face and how did you solve them?

17 comments :

Anonymous said...

Welcomeeee back (again)! And I'm loving you in that bright yellow color!!!

Unfortunately, I'm not easy to live with, so I have had issues living with people. Either they are too neat or too messy. No one is a happy medium...so I'm totally the wrong person to even attempt to answer this LOL!!!!!

Marian said...

When we bought our first house together a few months ago, that move was the most tough. Throw into the mix that we literally got married not less than a month before the big move, it was stress city. And we were technically downsizing our living arrangements. I remember one night I was trying to get all the tupperware into our kitchen cabinets and nothing matches and I just ended up throwing it all over the kitchen. I like to think of it as our first fight as a newlywed.
Since then, its been pretty easy. We both are very laid back and have relatively the same taste so its going pretty well. And if not, we compromise. I picked our bedroom color and then we went with a color her preferred for the office. Still a work in progess...but we'll get there:)

PS-Can't wait to see the wedding pics!

Hailey said...

My fiance and I decided way before we got engaged that we would wait until we were married to move in together.


He built his own house 6 years ago but I don't think he really ever thought he would one day live with a wife in that house. We both have a shopping problem so needless to say..I have NO idea where my stuff is going to go. It gives me anxiety to think about. Good luck with moving him in!!


Can't wait to see wedding pictures

Chelsea Mac said...

Moving in with hubs (then fiance) was one of the more challenging situations in our relationship! I feel you on the small closet front (I had an entire walk-in closet to myself as did he before we combined households). A sense of humor about things will go a long way and remember it's a give and take!

Combining styles has been a bit more challenging only because Hubs is actually a designer by trade and we have two very different styles. After a lot of compromise (and three years) we have finally come to a place in our house where we are happy with the design. Just in time to move ;)

Good luck! Sharing a life together is one of the most rewarding and fabulous things you'll do together!! So excited to hear the updates as things progress.

Amanda said...

Yay! Welcome back!! And if you decide to purge your clothes, PLEASE let me have all your old ones!! haha I am in desperate need of some new stuff!! :)

Anonymous said...

Tuna and i lived together for a couple years before we got married. for us, it really just wasn't a big deal. the house we live in now has very little closet space, so he left the closet in the bedroom just for me. (and had it redesigned for me to maximize the space we were working with!) and we have similar tastes, so mostly it is just keeping spending in check and utilizing stuff we both already had!

Katy said...

I didn't officially move in with my husband until about 2 weeks after our wedding. i didn't even get all of my stuff out of my parents house for MONTHS.
We have a three bedroom condo/town-home and the extra bedroom closet is husbands closet, but its still NOT enough space. walk ins are necessary.
You have really great hair, and I mean that in a totally non creeper way.
xo
KATY

It's A Love Story said...

Congrats on your wedding cant wait to see pixs!

Whitney @ EHFAR said...

i moved into my fiance's house in february. we are getting married in june. it really wasn't that big of a deal for us, since we had been sleeping over and staying with each since the beginning of our relationship. it actually helped us save tons of money by moving in together.

Vanessa said...

Welcome back! I can't wait to see all of the wedding pics :).

I'm the queen of cleaning out closets and helped the bf get rid of six (!) trash bags full of clothes. I'll be very honest about what looks good/horrible.

I haven't lived with my bf, but if we get married/live together, I know it's going to be a challenge. I'm a neat freak that hates clutter and he's kinda messy and wants to hold on to everything forever lol. If he hadn't met me, I think he could have ended up on Hoarders lol.

You'll be fine though, it'll just take adjusting and compromise.

We still need to get drinks once you're settled in :).

Anonymous said...

love your yellow top!

REBrown said...

I love that pencil skirt!

KB and I lived together for about a year before we got married. If you can, I highly suggest having rooms of your own. I turned mine into my closet room and he has all of his hunting/fishing stuff in his.

Anonymous said...

You don't realize how much crap you have until you have to either move or make room for someone else. Tim and I grew out of our current home like a month after we moved in. I can't wait until we have a much bigger home of our own. Good luck with it all and I can't wait to see all the wedding pics!

Frances @ It's Sew My Style said...

First off, I looove your outfits!! So cute!

When B and I moved in it wasn't too difficult because he didnt have much furniture and hardly any clothes (his closer still looks empty compared to mine). We just put our duplicate stuff in our storage area and he got the spare closet all to himself.

Unknown said...

LOve it! Your outfit with the pencil skirt is exactly what I am wearing today at work ha! only switch the colors to a gray pencil skirt and light pink draped top. :)

About the moving in thing...just take everything in stride. I think I lucked out and found a guy who is just as anal about cleanliness so I may have it easier than most ladies (thank God). However, there are still things that happened that would bug me. (i.e. he somehow manages to leave an article of clothing in every room, including the dining room) but with that, you learn how to communicate to them in a respectful way to clean their s%*t up. lol We also somehow worked out a trade...i do the laundry, he takes the trash out. Just give it a few weeks to find your groove and it will all work out :) YAY for marriage!!

ST said...

Your bright yellow ruffle top is so cute.

Good luck with making room for your man's clothes in the teeny closet! And I totally agree with you that a walk in closet in your home is a must.

Jules said...

I’m so glad you had a nice weekend and still made Saturday fun despite missing the movie. That yellow tank and turquoise necklace look great!

I also think it’s really smart to save up for a house and stay at your parents. It will be well worth it in the long run.