Hello everyone!! I'm off until I return from my honeymoon. Please enjoy this post from Megan from A Suitcase and Stilettos. She's absolutely fantastic, and a world traveler! She's always up for an adventure and knows how to have a good time.
Hey everyone! This is Megan from A Suitcase and Stilettos and I am so stoked today to be blogging for Miss K here at Love, Lipstick and Pearls. Her blog is one I am eager to check out daily because she keeps it light and has fun no matter what her weekend plans entail, and her sense of humor keeps me laughing while I would be otherwise be sulking at my job (that’s right…I am fortunate enough to blog at work…whether my job knows or not is another story). I am going to be sharing with you some of my spring/summer favorites as well as a product I can’t live without no matter what time of the year it is. Oh yea, and you’ll get to see my future husband in this post (who cares if he doesn’t know it just yet???)
- Your must have beauty item: My must have beauty item HAS to be my AHAVA Gentle Eye Makeup Remover. I typically will try anything once when it comes to beauty products, BUT, I won’t do it anymore when it comes to eye makeup remover. I hate oily products (even if they say oil-free, they still feel sooo oily). This product is SUPER amazing because it feels like water removing makeup…and it doesn’t burn what-so-ever. Back in the day, I was notorious for leaving my eye makeup on when I slept (yes, I know…gross)…but after moving to the Miami Valley in Ohio, I realized I couldn’t do this any longer. Why you ask? Well, where I live was awarded a spot in the top ten WORST places for allergies in America. Hence why I try to keep my eyes clean at all times.
- An item you're lusting over this season: So what am I lusting over this season? HOT SHADES I am trying to keep a bit low-key on shopping lately as I am moving this summer, but I’m a sucker for shades. And right now, these two pairs have caught my eye. I really am liking the cat’s eye appeal in the E and J ones, but I’m loving the McQueen ones for an everyday fresh and cool look.
- Your favorite trend for spring/summer: My all time favorite trend for summer is a simple one, and it is one that NEVER goes out of style. I LOVE BEACH HAIR. I always have. I don’t like too much product in it, I just find slightly messy hair during this time of year…well, sexy. And WAY more healthy on my hair than taking a blow dryer and flat-iron to it daily. Two girls that never get it wrong when it comes to beach hair in my opinion are Mary Kate and Ashley. I may not always agree with their clothing choices, but I most always agree with their hair. And my favorite product to help achieve this look? Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray.
- What you're looking forward to this summer: While all of these things make me especially excited for summer, nothing makes me AS excited as my favorite month of all…JULY! July is a month that not only houses ONE of the best holidays of the year (it is actually my favorite), but TWO of the best holidays of the year. One is the 4th of July and the other is my BIRTHDAY! I have been crazy about the 4th of July ever since I was a little girl growing up in Virginia. This year, the 4th of July will be much different…as I will be boarding a plane from New York City to the new place I call home. Nothing like celebrating Independence Day like moving to another country.
- Your favorite Hollywood Hot Man: And, last, but NOT least, (and in true Miss K fashion), I would like to formally introduce you to my future husband (not really of course, as I don’t take Renee Zellweger’s sloppy seconds AND I have an amazing boyfriend already). But he is pretty easy on the eyes AND he is an intellect. Sexy! What are yall up to this summer?!?! Any big plans or trends YOU are excited about?! Thanks for having me here today…I have totally enjoyed writing for yall
Thank you so much Megan for posting! I wish you the best in your big move this year and couldn't be more excited for you!