Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Summer List Guest Post by Busy Bee

Hello everyone!! I'm off until I return from my honeymoon. To kick off the guests posts we have Kristin from Busy Bee- she's also a fellow bride and  can't wait for her wedding!! We've become close emailing back and forth about sorority stuff and weddings and are internet BFFs. Congratulations and best wishes again!

Photobucket
Hello everyone! My name is Kristin and I am stopping by from my blog Busy Bee.


Before I can say anything else I need to send out a huge CONGRATULATIONS to Miss K and her new hubby!!! I've had the pleasure of getting to know Miss K through our blogs and I could not be more excited for her. I am getting married in November and Miss K has been an amazing person to bounce ideas off of, get advice from and vent to. From what I know of her wedding it is going to be FABULOUS (just like her) and I can't wait to see pictures!


OK, now down to business, the lovely Miss K invited me to guest post on her fab fashion blog and share some of my favorite fashion items, so without further adieu:


- Your must have beauty item: My must have beauty item is "Photo Finish" by Smashbox!I stumbled across this amazing product while buying my favorite bronzer (Bronze Lights--also by Smashbox) and what started out as a free sample turned in to a full blown obsession. Photo Finish is a primer made with a blend of vitamins A and E, grape seed extract and green tea. I put it on after my moisturizer and before my foundation, my make up goes on so smooth, it's super lightweight and my foundation lasts way longer. Added bonus: it reduces the appearance of fine lines and pores and is oil free! And in case you don't believe me it was voted one of the "25 Prodcuts That Will Change Your Life" by Marie Claire and is one of InStyle magazine's Best Beauty Buys.
 

- An item you're lusting over this season: If any of you read my blog, you know that I am a Jimmy Choo fanatic, if not...catch up HERE. When Miss K asked me which item I was lusting over I knew it had to be a pair of Jimmy's! Ladies, say hello to Zafira.
 

These glitter leather sandals have hand embroidered Swarovski crystals and cost a cool 2 grand! You can find them in Jimmy's Project Crystal Collection celebrating his 15 Year Anniversary! I mean, seriously?!?!

- Your favorite trend for spring/summer: My favorite Summer 2011 trend is definitely stripes! I have always loved stripes and find myself gravitating towards striped clothing quite often. So, seeing all these amazing new designs featuring stripes totally pumps me up. I'll let the pictures do the talking:



 


 

- What you're looking forward to this summer: Like I mentioned above I am getting married in November, to this guy:

So, this summer I am looking forward to all the pre-wedding events! Particularly my bachelorette weekend the end of August! I'll be spending the weekend in Northern Minnesota, on Lake Vermillion with my bestest girlfriends in the world!

- Your favorite Hollywood Hot Man: I could dedicate an entire post to my favorite Hollywood Man (and I really appreciate that Miss K often includes him in her Hot Man Parades) because in my opinion there is no one hotter on this planet (sorry to my fiance) than Leonardo DiCaprio. This is a one-sided love affair that has been going on for 15 years! Think Romeo+Juliet....that's where it started and then Titanic put me over the edge. The Hollywood crush has not subsided, in fact he gets better with age and is uber talented and I love him. Sigh.


Well ladies, that's all I've got! A big thanks to Miss K for having me! Please stop by my blog and say hi!

Thank you Kristin for posting! Leo will always have my heart, I never would have let go in Titanic.

5 comments :

Anonymous said...

Great post Kristin!!! I enjoyed reading and it couldn't agree with you more on Smashbox Photo Finish! I use it every single day without fail! And Leo is pretty sexy! I love his voice :-)

Kerr said...

I've heard so many things about the smahsbox primer I think I am going to have to try it!

Unknown said...

Yay Miss K!! Have a great time on your wonderful wedding day! can't wait to get a recap!

Kristin -- I LOVE the smashbox photo finish light! it is amazing! I recently tried the green tinted for redness reduction and I have fallen in love ALL over again!

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

Ok I must try this photo finish! Thanks for the info!

Jules said...

I used a sample from Sephora of the Smashbox primer and it is pretty amazing. I’m totally getting that after my Prime Time runs out.

I love those striped Rupert Sanderson heels. Stripes are a great trend.

Your summer is going to be a blast!