Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Product Review: L'Oreals Extra Intense Liquid Pencil Eyeliner

For eyeliner, I use a pencil on my bottom eyelid and in my waterline (the inside of my eyelids) and am happy with what I've been using, but I read about this L'Oreals Extra Intense Liquid Pencil Eyeliner in a post Veronika did here and thought I'd give it a whirl after her rave review. What sold me on her review is that the liner lasted all day on her waterline even after working out. Woohoo! Just what I need!
L'Oreal Extra Intense Liquid Pencil Eyeliner, Black 798 1 ea

So, I used my $5 off coupon at Ulta and bought it in black. I must say I did like the texture and hue of the pencil.
Here's how it looked:
Photobucket
However, this pencil DID NOT last on my waterline. At all. In any way. I put it on at 6:30AM and it was nowhere to be seen by 9AM. Total bummer. I don't know if I didn't have the same results as Veronika because maybe my eye is more watery than hers or maybe because of something with me wearing contacts, but I was pretty disappointed in the product. It did last all day on my eyelid, but so do the other pencils I've tried. For $8.49 I'd say it's not worth it for the pure use of your waterline, but if you don't wear it there then this product may be great for you! I just haven't figured out how to use it when it wears down, there's nothing to twist to move it up and you can't sharpen it...at least from what I can tell, and I'm too scared to try. LOL! Or maybe what's there is what you get. I did see that Covergirl has a new Liquid Pencil Liner as well. Maybe I'll give it a whirl in the future.


Have you tried this liner before? What was your experience? Have you found a liner that works on your waterline? Do you know if you can sharpen it (seriously, I'm still trying to see if you can)?


PS My eye doctor has told me (on more than one occasion) that you shouldn't wear eyeliner on your water line because it blocks your tear ducts and can cause an infection. I try to only wear it on nights out.

4 comments :

Anonymous said...

i wear eyeliner on my waterline everyday and i cry all the time with no problems! haha. maybe that's because nothing ever lasts.

Jessica said...

Thanks for the review. It's good to hear other people's experiences with a product before trying it out myself.

Kristen said...

Reed- Really? You're so lucky it stays all day! IDK why it doesn't work for me. What brand do you use?

Jessica- Anytime babe!

Frances @ It's Sew My Style said...

I love when you do reviews. I always have such a hard time with make-up, so this really helps :)