Thursday, June 10, 2010

Easy as Pie Updo

Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
This look was super easy to do and perfect for next day hair. I had worn my hair curled the previous two days, but after being outside all day my curls had gone flat. I remembered this look and thought I'd give it a try. I put in two tracks of extensions for length, teased the crown of my hair and then pinned back the sides to keep the volume on top, then put my hair into a ponytail. Then I did a quick mini-braid (about 4 turns) and put on a clear plastic elastic and wa-la! Super easy and I got a lot of compliments on it. The whole thing took about 10 minutes total. It felt very glam to wear it too, especially since I don't usually wear my hair up.

Have you tried this look yet? It's just as simpler as a side braid, but easier! What do you think, should I rock it again?

11 comments :

Leah said...

So so pretty! Seriously I love it!

Frances @ It's Sew My Style said...

Great look! You should definitely wear it again.

J @ The Look 4 Less said...

So cute!

Coley said...

LOVE love love it! Easy, gorgeous updos like that make me want to grow out my hair again!

J. said...

Your hair looks so pretty and even better than the celebrity styles! I think I may need to attempt this...

http://jammer10am.blogspot.com/

Kristen said...

Leah- Thanks so much, I really loved it that night too

Frances- Thanks! I'll definitely be rocking this look a lot, it was super easy and quick to do

Coley- I'm still trying to grow my hair longer, luckily extensions work nicely in the mean time :)

Jen- Thanks!

Jamner- Thank you so much and welcome to LLP!

Dacia said...

I love this look and it's perfect for summer!! Great job! :)

Anonymous said...

love it! what kind of extensions do you use? i've been wanting some really bad because my hair is finally semi-long, but it's just really thin. i don't want to pay a billion dollars for them either. happy friday!

Jessica said...

beautiful!!

Lyndsy said...

Turned out so great!

Kristen said...

Thank you all so much, you girls are the sweetest!

Reed- I'll email you about the extensions, I don't remember off the top of my head the brand, but I only pay $60-80.