Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Product Review: MAC To the Beach

Photobucket
I'm a huge MAC fanatic (need to proof? See here, here, here) and couldn't wait for their new collection To the Beach. All of the products were gorgeous, but I limited myself to only two because I already have similar products/colors to the others items.

 PhotobucketPhotobucket

When I saw the Lustre Drops in Sun Rush, I knew I would buy it. The artist told me I could wear it by itself, mixed with my moisturizer, or for everday wear to mix it with my foundation. So I have done so, but after I apply my bronzer, you can't really tell if I'm wearing the Lustre Drops or not since my bronzer (the ELF one seen here) has shimmer already. It does look nice mixed with my foundation or moisturizer when you're not going to be wearing a lot of make-up, but still want to look radiant. I wore it everyday on the boat for Havasu for MDW. It's nice for a pick me up when you're wearing very little make-up, but definitely not a necessity.
Photobucket 


PhotobucketPhotobucket 

I bought the Tinted Lipglass in Flurry of Fun, I loved the pink one too, but I have about 50 pink lipglosses as is and didn't feel like I needed to add to that collection (so mature of me). Orange though is a whole other color so bring it on! In all of the pictures I took it looks like more of an orange tint than I think it has in real life though. I do love the color, it's perfect with a bronzed face and looks great over other colors (like pink!). This is my new summer lipgloss and have loved it! I considered buying a second one since it's a limited edition, but my local store is sold out. MAC usually has tons of other similar options anyways, so if I do run out of this gloss I'm sure I'll be able to find a suitable substitute. It's very glossy and VERY glittery, similar to the Dazzleglass.
Photobucket

Have any of you tried the new collection? What did you buy and how has the purchases work out?

1 comment :

Veronika said...

I got the lipstick in lazy day (the pink one) and I absolutely love it. The perfect pink for everyday wear :)