Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Celeb Inspiration: Lauren Conrad


#1 suggested celeb inspiration?? Lauren Conrad! Although I've never watched The Hills, I must say her style is great. She works with her body, works the basics to the max, and always looks feminine, classy, and chic.

Rocking the Neutrals- When in doubt, you can never go wrong with the classics: navy, white, tan, or black. Lauren makes the most of her neutrals with accessories, great shoes, and the newest trends.
 



Accessories take her from ho-hum to woo-hoo- She must be the queen of belts, I haven't seen anyone wear a belt like this girl! It helps make a dress more casual, defines her waist, and is on trend. When her frock is on the shorter side, Lauren pairs it with a jacket, showcasing her long stems and covering up her upper body. How simple is that? Jacket or a belt plus fab heels and you're ready to go!



Casual- With the summer months here and the heat beginning to soar, what better way to go out then in shorts? Lauren shows us the perfect way to take shorts from day to night. The key to wearing shorts in a dressy way is by choosing shorts that are above mid thigh and just below the widest part of your thigh. Then pairing the shorts with a dressy shirt that's not low cut or too tight- balancing the bare legs. Throw on your heels and you're look is finished. When she wears jeans, proportions play a large part. Lauren often pairs skinny jeans with looser tops,  tailor button-downs, and bulky scarves. Skirts are made easy by pairing basics together. All of these looks are easy to copy and most pieces can be found in your closet.


Do you like Lauren's style? What's your favorite look? I love the belted dresses, how she dresses her skinny jeans, and her rocking neutrals- that first white shirt/navy skirt is calling my name!

17 comments :

Kerr said...

love her! I want all of these outfits.

Heather said...

I LOVE LC. Clearly she loves the R hand on the hip, left arm long look. She's such a little cutie. Too many outfits I loved to choose!
Heather @ www.savingmoneylivinglife.com

Carrie said...

I love LC's style! So cute, so effortless, and classic! I would love to raid her closet! :)

Coley said...

LC always looks so fresh and carefree! I really like her hair wavy and up...sometimes she just has sooo much hair around her pretty face!

Leah said...

Yes LOVE her style, so laid back yet very chic!

Frances @ It's Sew My Style said...

I love Lauren's style. She is high on my list of fashion icons. I can't even choose a favorite outfit. I love them all!

Sassy In The South said...

I adore LC's style! She always looks cute and dresses age-appropriate, but she still manages to keep it classy. Love all of the featured outfits!

Kelsey said...

Completely agree! Lauren always looks fabulous. I don't think I've ever seen a photo of her that I didn't love what she was wearing. She either has impeccable style or a smart stylist.

Anonymous said...

I don't watch that stupid show either but I LOVE her clothes. Good choice :o)

Anonymous said...

love her style

Anonymous said...

i could seriously wear every single thing she puts on her body. awesome collaboration of pics!

Marcie said...

Awesome post!! I always think of LC when trying to figure out what to buy/wear. She has the best style, and I love her hair too.

xo Marcie

Stephanie said...

Thanks so much for posting this! I absolutely love Lauren Conrad and her style. Good thing you don't watch The Hills, cause she's not on it anymore and it's kind of a bore without her!

Nado Queenie said...

I LOVE LC! & I WANT HER HAIR!!!

Unknown said...

I love her Lauren's style too. It is so classy and age appropriate. She never looks too trendy but she keeps her style current. I love the dresses w/belts and I also love the skinny jeans, flowy tops and sky high heels.
I also am a huge fan of her hair and make-up.
Good choice! Love you blog

Unknown said...

i love her style and can't believe how many pictures you found! i definitely saved a few for future inspiration :) she's such an inspiration to petites like me. great post!!!

natasha said...

Does anyone know where her tan bag in the very first photo of this post is from? is it marc jacobs?