Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Resolutions, July Update

I CANNOT believe that summer is more than halfway over. Thank goodness CA stays warm through mid-October. Seriously, I don't think any month has flown by as quickly as this one. I must be having fun!

I'm sure many of you, myself included, have given up, started new resolutions, etc.
Here is my progress for July: 

1. Write in my journal- No change from previous months, I did go to Borders to look for the One Line A Day: A Five-Year Memory Book, where you write one line a day, but wasn't able to find it. Let's be honest though, I don't know if it would get much use.

 
2. This is my year of savings- With less than 300 days before the wedding every penny we save counts! I'm continuing to save for the wedding, but still trying to put a little something away for my personal savings.

3. Lose 15lbs by May 1st- So, May 1st has come and gone. Why don't we change this to lose body fat before the wedding date? Does that work?

I have gone back and forth this month with working out, one week I'll go four days the next I don't go at all. When I don't go, it's usually because of late nights at work or social events I can't pass up. Also, because my drive to work in the morning is an hour and a half I'd have to be up at 430 am to work out before work- which is not going to happen for me! Yes, I know many people all over the world do this everyday, but they are a much better person than I. There, I said it. I'm not ashamed. Remember when I said I subscribed to  Self Magazine? Well is was really Shape Magazine. Hahaha! That's the one I was reading at my future SIL that I really liked. I can't wait to get my first issue for some pointers and motivation. Have you ever read that magazine?  I'll be sure to share any knowledge I gain with you ladies! 

I'm also starting a high-protein diet for this month. Here's a breakdown of my food intake for the next 31 days:
Meal 1: 1 whole omega-3 egg, 2 egg whites, 1 packet plain oatmeal
Meal 2: 20g protein shake mixed with water, 1 small apple
Meal 3: 4oz chicken, turkey, or fish (tilapia, orange rought, cod, etc...)Green veggies or salad with 1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar
Meal 4: 20g protein shake, 1tbsp all natural peanut butter or 12 almonds
Meal 5: same as meal 3
Meal 6: same as meal 4

I'm a little apprehensive about this plan, but I know it will give me great results. I get one "cheat" day a week and I've already started imagining my amazing meals for those days. I'm sure I'll deviate a little from this schedule, but I'm really going to give it a good try!

Do you have any tips for motivating yourself to go to the gym? Any pointers for eating less but not being hungry or tired?? Please dish!!

4. Learn to cook- I made wine popsicles for the 4th of July that were delicious and every commenter who had anything to say said that yes, it definitely counts as cooking. So ha! Take that New Years Resolution! Also, with my new diet plan for August I'll be cooking lots of 4oz of meat so my resolution will be back in play as I learn to spice up my bland meals.

5. To be more personal on this blog- I feel the same way this month as the last few months which is this: I love so much sharing personal stuff with you guys! It's been so much fun for me. Thank you everyone who reads/comments/emails me! I appreciate each and every one of you, your messages really make my day and I've enjoyed getting to know you guys better and finding new blogs to follow. For any future posts, is there anything you'd like to see more of? Less of? Anything you'd like to know about me?

Overall, I feel really good about my resolutions, better than I've felt in a long time about them. I have high expectations for this month and look forward to the last official month of summer.

So, how have you ladies been doing with your resolutions? Have you changed or modified any of them? Have you said sayonara to any? I hope each one of you are enjoying the summer and any changes that have come your way.

2 comments :

AmandaG said...

Did you get that meal plan from any particular place? You sound very determined! I'm sure you will do very well this month! I just might be motivated to do something similar!

Jessica said...

Sounds like you are doing a good job with most of your resolutions! I've forgotten what mine even were...or if I had set any?! lol :)