Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Product Review: Urban Decay Naked Palette

 
Urban Decay Naked Palette $48

I was so excited to pick up the Urban Decay Naked Palette (from this Recent Purchases post) I've wanted it for the longest time and finally picked it up with a 20% off coupon for my entire purchase at Ulta. I'd been saving it for something special and used it for the first time in Vegas for a Bachelorette Party. There's 12 shadows, the cruelty-free Good Karma brush, and a travel bottle of Urban Decay Primer Potion (a true gem, see my review here).

I'm so happy with this purchase. It's full of gorgeous colors, blends easily, and lasts forever. My only complaint, is that the black isn't that dark and I have to use MAC's Carbon for a darker smokey eye. It's seriously one of the best palettes I've ever seen/used with a huge variety of textures from glitter to shimmer to matte. The BEST part of this palette is that each shadow 0.05oz!! Hello!!! That's the same weight as just one MAC shadow for $15. Why I ever waited to buy this I don't know, it's a total steal! 

Here's my recent smoky eye using MAC's Carbon in the lash line:

Here's some daytime looks using only the palette:


It's seriously my best beauty purchase to date. The colors are all so versatile! I mean, just look at the pictures, I have smokey eye, a soft pink/taupe shimmer, and a bronze look all from ONE palette. It's the bomb.com I tell you.

My make-up artist used this on both my engagement photos and wedding day and I loved both looks.


Do you have the Naked Palette? Have you used UD shadows before?

13 comments :

Angie said...

I have the Naked eye palette from Urban Decay too and also love it!

Rebecca said...

so beautiful!!

Beth said...

I love the palette!

Michelle said...

This is like the 3rd blog post I've seen about this eye color palette! I think I need to get it! LOVE it!

Vanessa said...

I LOVE my Naked palette, it was worth every penny. It's amazing for any kind of look and I used it on the bridal trial I did last week. Best palette ever :).

Anonymous said...

I have heard soooo many good things about this! I am convinced I have to get it with the next Ulta coupon I get. I can't wait :-)

Lyndsy said...

OOh thanks for the review! That first eye look is so pretty and fun!

selah said...

I love my UD palette too! I would love to see you do a tutorial on different looks (like the ones today) using the palette. Found your blog through Veronika's Blushing btw and have been enjoying your posts.

Whitney @ EHFAR said...

I haven't used this palette. But I have used UD Graffiti eyeshadow and the Ammo eyeshadow palette, as well as one similar. Their eyeshadows are awesome!

Sarah said...

I love it! I can't wait to buy mine!! How'd you get a 20% off coupon??


livelaughandlovinglife.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

You know how I feel about this product, I need to just suck it up and buy it.

Hot Pink Combat Boots said...

What a great review. I always hestiate to buy the large make-up palettes since they take up a ton of room and I tend to stick to a couple of the colors. But this one looks perfect. Especially if it stays on all day. Thanks for the tip!

Cary Dale Taylor said...

I just bought the naked palette and I am in love.