Monday, September 19, 2011

Fountain of Youth Camping

I had some days off so the H and I took off on a hunting and camping trip to Niland, CA. We stayed at the Fountain of Youth where we are totally going to retire at in 50 years. This place is awesome, the people are so great, and in the winter time there's tons of activities like poker nights, live music, dances, talent shows, craft nights, etc. Perfect place to be for 70+ year olds. It's a gigantic RV park and is for all ages, but lots and lots of elderly people retire there. The sites are nice, the restrooms and showers are very clean and updated, they have 6 pools (all kept at 92 degrees by ground water for their arthritis guests), a puzzle/library room, card room, pool tables, and shuffle boards. The H and I are totally going back next year!

I'm telling you, this place is legit. However, since it is the desert, it was about 113 everyday. Thank goodness we had AC in the RV or we would have become roasted marshmallows out there! While we were there, we also visited Salvation Mountain which I'll post separately because I took like 300 pictures there to share with you guys. 

Happy Monday guys!

7 comments :

Anonymous said...

This place looks awesome! My question is what were you hunting (obviously birds with a shotgun) and did you get anything? My hubby would go to that kind of spa with me!

Kristen said...

It's totally awesome! The H went hunting for dove, I didn't shoot anything because I'm not licensed. He caught 6 dove and only went out 2x. You should totally go, it was an awesome place!

Rachel said...

Poker nights, live music, dances, talent shows, AND craft nights?!?!? I want to live there now!!!
Ha! :)
Looks like fun!

Sarah said...

that place definitely sounds like a lot of fun!!

Miranda said...

Sounds and looks fun!

Michelle said...

That sounds like so much fun!!!

REBrown said...

That place looks like a lot of fun. Hanging out with old people is always a trip!