Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Snip, Snip

A few weeks ago, I cut my hair. If you follow me on Twitter you're well aware of the new change. I've been wanting to post the new cut, but wanted to show you a pic on how I style it day to day.

Here's the before and after at the salon:

We cut off 3+ inches, put some layers towards the bottom, and put in some low lights. I've also started wearing it parted down the center instead of on the side. I'm still getting used to that! It's so weird how such a little change can make such a big difference. I have a really bad cowlick and have worn my hair parted nearly my entire life (besides a short stint in the 4th grade). I have to part, blow dry, and pin it down right away everyday for the last 15 or more years. I still have to do that with my center part, and I'm still getting the hang of blow drying using my right hand instead of my left.

Ok, so here's a pic of it curled and parted in the center (I'm wearing a strapless robe, fyi):

I really like the change, I've gotten a lot of compliments that's it's chic and stylish. I'm still getting used to the middle part. So is my hair- I often find it trying to sneak back to the side. The part I love most about the new cut is how the layers in the front frame my face (I always curl my hair away from my face), I think it really thins my cheeks. 

I'm really glad I went for the cut, I sometimes miss my longer locks, but I really feel like I needed a change. Although I love long hair, I've always had a fondness for short hair and wore mine short all through high school and part of college. I can wear extensions any day right?


So there you have it. Have any of you changed your hair for the fall?

18 comments :

Rissy said...

oooo love it! it definitely does look chic and I'd even venture to say classy... not that you were "un-classy" before. K you're beautiful bye : )

Unknown said...

LOVE the new cut! =) YAY post-wedding chop =)

shay said...

i think it looks great! and it will grow back before you know it if you want it long again. but you didn't take too much off for it to be super drastic. I like the center part on you, frames your face nicely!

Yasi said...

You look great. :)

Yasi
www.yasicatsmeow.blogspot.com

Sarah said...

ohhh I really like it!! :)

Schnelle said...

You hair looked lovely before but this is a great change!

Lindsay Rondo said...

i love the middle part but it does take time to grow on you.

Looks good!

Lindsay

M.R. said...

It looks so good!

love the new do!

mindofmr.blogspot.com

Laura said...

It's gorgeous, love the layers :)

Laura xo
www.stylenotesbylaura.blogspot.com

Frances @ It's Sew My Style said...

You look fan-freaking-tastic!! I LOVE the center part. It's amazing how such a little change does make such a big difference. You go girl! LOL

Anonymous said...

as I say to you all the time, i have total hair envy.

Im trying your eye tutorial this weekend before I go to vegas :)

Kate at Green Fashionista said...

Love your new hair! Ditto the post before mine.. I have total hair envy! I always get excited to go to the salon thinking I'm going to start looking fresh and have more pizazz and then by the next wash and blow dry at home I'm back to plain ol' me :-P

Your hair came out awesome! It's amazing how such little changes make such a big difference.

http://peridotkutie.blogspot.com/

Rach said...

I love it and the cut and lowlights really flatter your face. I'm trying to do the opposite and grow my hair longer!

Mandy @ In the Fashion Lane said...

You would look beautiful bald BUT this look is chic and sleek! I have been parting down the center more too! Don't you hate when your hair has a mind of it's own??

haha. Love it!

Jessica said...

Cute Kristen! You are so pretty, you just can't help it can you?

Chelsea Mac said...

Love love love the new do! It looks fabulous on you :)

Anonymous said...

Ok, I need another curling tutuorial. My hair never looks like that!

Hot Pink Combat Boots said...

Love the new length - it looks more polished. Fab!