Thursday, September 1, 2011

Say My Name Say My Name



So, I've decided to leave Thursday posts open to my every whim after this poll. Thanks everyone for your input, I really appreciate all the support and ideas. I have some great posts coming up, but I wanted to first start with something personal.


I thought my first post would be about your names and how you got them. Are you named after someone? Does your family have a theme? You know, all Bible names, all names starting with the same letter, do they rhyme?



My name is Kristen Lynn, but it was quite the argument among my parents. My Dad wanted to name me Wolf, regardless if I was a boy or girl (see his style here, you may understand a bit more). Wolf people! To this day, my Dad still thinks it's a "bitchin" name. Ayayayay I tell you.


My Mom stepped in (thankfully) and said, "Ummm, I'll figure it out myself, thanks". I was supposed to be Christian (as a girl's name), but my Mom didn't like C's in cursive and Christian looked funny with a K (Kristian, I'd have to agree ma)  and he  wanted my name to start with a K like my Dad's...so I got Kristen- the next best thing. The Lynn came because as the first born, my Mom wanted me to have the same initials as my Dad (awww, so sweet but lasts only until I change my name when I'm married, which is in the works).


My sister's name also starts with a K, but neither of us realized that it was a trend since there's just the two of us. We recently asked my Mom if her and Dad were to have more children would we all have names starting with K?  She laughed and said yes. Yep, we're one of those families and we didn't even know it.


So what's your name and how did you get it? What's your siblings names?
Post a Comment