Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Recent Purchases

I have some weddings and bachelorette parties coming up and needed to find some dresses for all of them. I've been searching through my closet, but with all the showers and weddings this past year, everything has been worn a ton and I have a ton of pictures in them. I needed something new, so I bought two dresses that can be worn a few times and then I'm going to borrow a few others for the other events.

Seychelles One Shoulder Hot Pink Dress
When I saw this dress, it just screamed my name! I bought it instantly. First, it's one-shouldered which is kind of my signature dress, and second it's hot pink which is one of my favorite colors. Can it not be more perfect? I got it from Lulus and they're already sold out, but if you like it, keep an eye out because they often re-stock similar dresses like this. 

Fitted Lace Dress (ProductCode: 2000016165)
The dress is from Forever 21 (you can find it here but I gave the product code because their links rarely work) and it so much cuter in person. I can't wait to wear it and show you guys the pics, it's lovely. The lace and gold details are really pretty. I feel like the sleeves make it more versatile, the fabric is extra stretchy and it's really comfortable. They had it last year too, but I didn't bite the bullet. I'm so glad they had it again!

For both dresses I picked up some simple gold hoops and bracelets and I'm going to wear it with some strappy gold sandals I picked up a few months ago on sale at Nordstroms. I love when accessories and shoes can double on trips, it makes packing so much easier.
 
Urban Decay Naked Palette
Dun, dun, dun. I finally picked up Urban Decay Naked Palette! I've had my eye on it for-evah and when I got a 20% off coupon for my entire purchase at Ulta, I couldn't pass this puppy up. I figured I'd never get it for such a great price again. I haven't opened it yet, but I'm dying to try it out. I'm kind of saving it for a special event or something. Do you ever do that, buy something simple but save it for something special?

Oh and if you follow me on Twitter, you've seen this, but I wanted to tell everyone that my DV by Dolce Vita 'Dakota' Sandal from this Recent Purchase post is on sale at Nordstrom's. They're seriously so cute, easy to dress up or down, and really comfortable. They're my favorite sandal by far. I'm thinking about getting them in black now....



What have you guys been buying lately? It's such an awkward buying time right now in stores because they're all stocking up with fall stuff and I'm in no way ready for fall. Especially with such hot days!

16 comments :

Leslie said...

LOOOOVE the pink one shoulder dress!! And the sandals are so cute...you could wear those with anything!

Anonymous said...

I have the same one shoulder pink dress from Lulu's and I LOVE it! Great buys!

krystal said...

That pink dress is the best!

Anonymous said...

i dont buy anything b/c im poor right now and jobless.

BUT...if i DID have money, i would buy both of those dresses!!!! i love the color of the Seychelles one and the look of the black one from Forevs!!!!

Heather said...

i'm on a self-imposed shopping ban this whole month!
the urban decay naked palette is AMAZING!

Anonymous said...

love love the dresses! im not shopping anymore for a while..ive been so so bad lately!

Fash Boulevard said...

adore that black dress. so cute. thanks for another amazing post. Would love if you'd check out my latest post featuring pictures from my Mad Hatter themed engagement party. Thanks love. xoxo

www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

Chelsea Mac said...

I should have gotten those fabulous sandals ages ago before the went on sale and now there are none in my size (Super Sad!) Also, the one-shoulder dress is gorg! The color is perfect!

Chelsea @ www.hautechildinthecity.com

Frances @ It's Sew My Style said...

I've been such a bad friend. I completely didn't tell you how much I love that pink dress!! And the black lace one is super adorable too. I can't wait to see how you style both of them for the weddings/showers!

Kristen @ All In My Twenties said...

that pink dress is adorable!! Im loving the one shoulder look these days!!

Rach said...

I do the same thing when I buy something new-I hoard it for a while until I can bring myself to wear it. I especially do this with new clothes for some reason, as if I'm afraid of ruining them or something.

Sarah said...

I have had my eye on the Urban Decay Naked Palette for forever too!! I almost bought it last weekend, but didn't because I just couldn't get myself to spend $50 on eye makeup. One day I will get it though!
And both dresses are beautiful! You'll look stunning!


livelaughandlovinglife.blogspot.com

Lynnette said...

I feel the same, so ready for fall and so are the stores.. but it is definitely summer out there, so hot!

*Lynnette
http://www.theblondebrunette.com/

Marian said...

Those sandals...that bow...swoon!

Michelle said...

Love both dresses! They are so YOU! :)

Mandy @ In the Fashion Lane said...

I cannot wait to see the dresses AND your review of the eye shadows. Still haven't bought the shoes. On my to do list ;)