Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Product Review: Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion


Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion, Original (nude dries invisibly) .34 fl oz (10 ml)


OMG. Have you guys tried this sucker?? I can't believe I'm so late in the game. Especially with my arsenal of beauty products (did you not see that doozy of a post? Check it out here, it's incredible. Incredibly sad/cool depending on frame of mind in regards to make-up). For my shadow, I've always used MAC Prep + Prime Eye and have been happy with it, but my make-up artist for my engagement shoot (check the post here) used this shadow and it was the Holy Grail I tell you!!

For example take a look at my shadow in this picture:


The shadow legitimately lasted THREE ENTIRE DAYS!! Total confession right now, yes I was totally gross and washed around my face without washing off my eyeshadow. I just couldn't do it. It was so pretty and perfect and I couldn't believe how long it lasted. So in the name of science and blogging I trooped on and took this as a beauty experiment. The only thing I had to touch up was my eyeliner and curling my lashes (as well as putting on my "face" since I did wash that part off).

The Primer Potion ($18 ofr .34 oz) is availabe in four shades; Eden, Greed (Sephora exclusive), Original (clear) and Sin. There is even a set available to try them all here. My make-up artist used Original and said she prefers that color best because it completely disappears and makes the shadow really vibrant and she's so right. My shadow didn't even crease or fade. I'm 100% a believer in the product! The bottle lasts forever and is worth every. single. penny.

Do you use a primer? I really only do on special occasions or if I'm going out after work and won't have time to touch-up. What primers do you use? What's worked for you?
Post a Comment