Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Product Review: MAC Paint Pot

 
MAC Paint Pot in Bare Study from here for $16.50

In one of my Recent Purchase posts, I bought the above MAC Paint Pot in Bare Study  (check out the post here) and have used it quite often.

From the MAC website, it's described as " A highly pigmented eye colour that goes on creamy but dries to an intense, vibrant finish. Long-wearing, colourfast. Creates seamless coverage without weight or caking. Blends smoothly over the lids. Cream-based, can be mixed with M·A·C shadows and liners."

Here it is alone:

I wear it this way quite often, especially for work when I just want a simple, pulled-together look for the day. It goes on really well, pretty sheer and gives a great shimmer wash of color. The color is a fairly sheer shimmery champagne color. I was worried that because it's cream-based it would crease, but I haven't experienced that which is a huge plus. Although I haven't experienced any creasing, the color does fade by the end of my 10 hr work day.

Here it is under powder eyeshadow:

I did find that the paint pot helped my shadow to last longer, but not as long as when I use a regular eyeshadow primer. Somewhere in the middle of 8-12 hours (primer is nearly days) I would say. This particular shade gives a lot of shimmer and will make a matte color shimmery as well. I don't mind that so much, I'm now considered "mid-twenties" and want to make the most of my remaining years worth it in the shimmery department. I really like using it as a brow and inner eye corner highlighter when using it with other eyeshadows, it's the perfect color for it.

Overall, I really like the product, but I wouldn't say it's a must-have. I get a lot of work out of it, but I also make a conscious effort to use it often. This I feel is somethig that you either use everyday or never, very black and white kind of a relationship. In other words, if I hadn't bought it I don't think I would be missing out on anything special.

Have you used MAC Paint Pots? Do you think they're worth the purchase?
Post a Comment