Thursday, November 11, 2010

Recent Purchases

Hello lovelies!! So this post is just a new idea I wanted to try, please let me know if you like it or not. I thought I could do some posts on recent items I've purchased. At first, I didn't really care for this idea because I felt like it was bragging, but I do enjoy other bloggers' posts about what they buy to know what's out there, if it's a good deal, and if it's worth the purchase. Sometimes a review post isn't enough! PLEASE feel free to give me your honest feedback- Yay! Do more of these posts! or Nay! You're a narcissist braggart!


Here we go! Here are some items that I've purchased these past few weeks, some of which I will be reviewing.

Steve Madden 'Intyce' Boot from here

I've been going back and forth about these boots for years and have bought knock-offs from Target which were great, but have been worn to the ground and getting all ugly. Sidenote, Kohl's (see here) has a really similar pair, so I checked them out but are pretty cheap IRL, even the Fiance noticed that they weren't good quality. They crinkled around the ankle and made a funny sound. I was pretty bummed about it. I just love the way the original SM 'Intyce' boots look so I just bit the bullet and bought them. I love them and they're very comfortable. They also hit at a perfect place below the knee, super cute with jeans or dresses. Definitely worth the money!


Fire Lace Overlay Dress from here.

I bought this dress for our engagment photos because it reminded me of a vintage wedding dress- hello foreshadowing! Plus, it has sleeves so it's perfect for work. I can't wait to wear this dress, it will look so cute with tights, belts, jewelry and boots! I plan on doing a post about the versatility of the dress soon.
MAC Powder Blush in Pink Swoon (see my review from this week here) from here

Perfect pink shade of blush!

 
MAC Paint Pot in Bare Study from here

I've heard this and that about paint pots so I again just bit the bullet(again) and bought myself one to try out. A review will be on it's way!


Victoria Secret Cotton & Cashmere sweater on sale here

This sweater in the above color, but now I wish I bought it in a darker color like Charcoal (my first choice) or Black. The sweater is really thin and not as cozy as it looks. I haven't worn it yet and am still deciding if I should return it.



ESSIE Snow Princess Gift Set includes one mini each of Blanc, Ballet Slippers, Guchi Muchi Puchi and Pink Glove

I bought it at Ulta with a $5 coupon, but I was unable to find the item online, but did find it here. I'm new to the ESSIE brand and first fell in love with their Pink Parka (see my review here) and wore it all summer long. I thought this cube had a lot of great soft hues and may have a perfect color for my BIG day. A review will definitely be on it's way, I want your opinions on the colors and if they make the cut for the wedding.

Whew. Done. What do you think? Do you own any of these items? Do you like them? Is there anything I should have bought in place of something?
Post a Comment