Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Product Review: Sephora Baked Moonshadow Trio

 
Baked Moonshadow Trio in Sunbaked 02

A while ago, I bought this shadow (see Recent Purchase post here) after seeing JLo's glittery eyes on American Idol and thought this to be similar. The center color is really, really shimmer, almost glittery even while the outside shades are metallic. Plus, you all know how much I love Sephora brand make-up, see my reviews here, here, and here.



I love the glitter!! Bring it on! It is SO shimmery in person! It's exactly the look I wanted. I used the front golden shade on my entire lid, the dark brown in the crease, and the middle shimmery shade all over.

They last most of the day, but have gone pretty sheer by the end of work. Primer definitely helps with this. I think it doesn't last as long because of the shimmer though. I wish the dark brown was darker, so I use another color I have when I want it to be more dramatic.

Have you tried Sephora shadow yets?? I love them! They last so long and I've been happy with my purchases so far.

Do you wear shimmer shadow or stick with mattes? What's your favorite?

11 comments :

Anonymous said...

I don't use too much of their branded product (I think I just spend too much money on everything else in the dang store!). But I wouldn't be opposed to it. I definitely like baked shadows because I feel they apply much easier and smoothly..but just like you said, the glittery ones can be near invisible by day's end!

Either way, it looks great on your eyes here!

Anonymous said...

Im so jealous with how perfect your top liner is! I just can never get mine right!

Unknown said...

ooo I LOVE It! sometimes I like shimmer and other times matte is my go to haha -- it depends on my mood =)

MissB said...

1. I love Sephora and this eyeshadow!
2. I love your blog! I'm so happy I stumbled upon it!
3. I love that you called yourself a retired man-eater! That makes me want to meet you immediately :)

Rissy said...

did you feel like you had shimmer all over your face by the end of the day? i feel like that happens to me sometimes when my eyeshadow is shimmery.

Look how perfect your eyeliner is!

CarissaExplainsItAll

Kristen said...

Megan- I love their brand products, they're so worth it!

Erin- Thanks love!

MissB- Your comment made my day! Thank you for reading!

Carissa- IDK bc i usually wear shimmer on my cheeks so I can't really tell. LOL.

Lyndsy said...

Ooh i am so happy you reviewed this as I have been eyeing it for awhile! I also have been LOVING JLO's pretty shimmer glow on her eyes and will need to purchase this shadow ASAP :)

Unknown said...

oh my goodness, so pretty! thanks for the review!

love your blog, following you now!

ashleyborysewich.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

ive never tried sephora brand stuff, but it looks lovely on you!

Vanessa said...

So pretty! I love glitter shadows :)

Kerr said...

I got a sephora eyeshadow trio and I like it. The middle is SOO glittery though, I have to be careful I dont look like a 17 year old at prom circa 1997!