Thursday, April 7, 2011

Mini Recent Purchases, NOTD and Rant

 
Pro Results 10 Piece Bone Comb Kit from Wal-Mart

I love big hair and tease my hair every.single.day. I use a combination of a pick and a teasing comb. However, I've seem to have lost (!!) my comb and needed to pick up a new one. A regular teasing comb (small comb w/metal prongs on the end) was $2.24, but I remember this post from PinkLouLou and checked out this entire bag of combs for $3.44!! Didn't even give it a second thought. From the site, each comb is hand crafted from organic resins and is supposed to be stronger and more heat resistant. Woohoo.

NYC Nail Color in Sidewalkers

This nail shade is the perfect light gray color, it's definitely lighter IRL than in the pic and matches with everything! I'm so excited to wear it, I think it's a good transition shade from winter to spring.

On to my rant....

I've used Wal-Mart photo center for years. Since high school back in the day with disposable cameras. I've used them for my Save the Dates and Shower Thank Yous and haven't had a problem. So, I had a hard cover book made for the wedding and when I went to pick it up, it was just 8x10 photos. No book. No hard cover. Not even pages, but just pictures. I was LIVID. The guy at the counter was really nice, but told me that I'd have to call their 1-800 line to resolve any issues and that their location doesn't even make brag books. WTH.

Of course their 1-800 line was closed for the evening so I called this morning on my commute. The woman was really nice, refunded my money but couldn't help me further. I tried explaining to her that I didn't want a refund, I wanted my purchase. Shipped to me. For FREE. She said she'll have the photo center contact me but couldn't give me a time estimation of when that would occur. So now I'm waiting and I'm PISSED. That book took me hours to create, making sure each page had a good layout, it followed a timeline, etc. If I have to do it all over again at a different vendor I'm going to scream. But I will do it. There isn't any wrath like that of a woman scorned. Watch out Wal-Mart! I'm after you!!

Has anyone else had problems with ordering photos? Any suggestions on where I could have a hard cover book made and shipped to me in the next two weeks???

PS Only 30 more days until the wedding!!
Post a Comment