Thursday, April 7, 2011

Mini Recent Purchases, NOTD and Rant

 
Pro Results 10 Piece Bone Comb Kit from Wal-Mart

I love big hair and tease my hair every.single.day. I use a combination of a pick and a teasing comb. However, I've seem to have lost (!!) my comb and needed to pick up a new one. A regular teasing comb (small comb w/metal prongs on the end) was $2.24, but I remember this post from PinkLouLou and checked out this entire bag of combs for $3.44!! Didn't even give it a second thought. From the site, each comb is hand crafted from organic resins and is supposed to be stronger and more heat resistant. Woohoo.

NYC Nail Color in Sidewalkers

This nail shade is the perfect light gray color, it's definitely lighter IRL than in the pic and matches with everything! I'm so excited to wear it, I think it's a good transition shade from winter to spring.

On to my rant....

I've used Wal-Mart photo center for years. Since high school back in the day with disposable cameras. I've used them for my Save the Dates and Shower Thank Yous and haven't had a problem. So, I had a hard cover book made for the wedding and when I went to pick it up, it was just 8x10 photos. No book. No hard cover. Not even pages, but just pictures. I was LIVID. The guy at the counter was really nice, but told me that I'd have to call their 1-800 line to resolve any issues and that their location doesn't even make brag books. WTH.

Of course their 1-800 line was closed for the evening so I called this morning on my commute. The woman was really nice, refunded my money but couldn't help me further. I tried explaining to her that I didn't want a refund, I wanted my purchase. Shipped to me. For FREE. She said she'll have the photo center contact me but couldn't give me a time estimation of when that would occur. So now I'm waiting and I'm PISSED. That book took me hours to create, making sure each page had a good layout, it followed a timeline, etc. If I have to do it all over again at a different vendor I'm going to scream. But I will do it. There isn't any wrath like that of a woman scorned. Watch out Wal-Mart! I'm after you!!

Has anyone else had problems with ordering photos? Any suggestions on where I could have a hard cover book made and shipped to me in the next two weeks???

PS Only 30 more days until the wedding!!

18 comments :

Amanda said...

Love that color polish! And sorry about wal-mart! maybe try Shutterfly.com? I've used them to make photo calendars before. Or maybe even Costco.com!

Joni and Rico Adams said...

That's horrible I'm sorry. I know there are several sites that do it really fast. There's blurb.com, snapfish, blog2print, etc. I hope everything works out!

ladylulu said...

Try Costco!!? :( I've had calendars made there, and they turned out wonderful! I know they also do books, however, I do not know what their leadtimes are... Another option would be just to make a scrapbook from the pages you did get from WM... It does add a personal touch? :) I'm sorry about this bump on the road, but I'm sure it will turn out perfect! :)

carrie1 said...

Have you tried my publisher?

http://www.mypublisher.com/

Kristen said...

Thank you so much ladies! I really appreciate your support and suggestions! I'm definitely going to check out these places, you're lifesavers!!

Katie said...

Hey lady! You should be able to use Shutterfly for a book - I made books at Shutterfly for my husband's parents and for my parents of all our wedding photos, and they are super cute! :)

Hikari said...

Oh man! That sucks! I've made a couple books through Shutterfly and really like them. But they took FOREVER to get everything just right, which is why I feel you on losing this one. The good thing about Shutterfly is that they save your book online for you, in case an error happens

Anonymous said...

i cant even tell you the last time i ordered photos, but i would have been livid. that is terrible!!! im glad to know that when i need to print photos out i WONT be going there!

on a better note...LOVE that nail polish!!!!

marina Coria said...

if you have an apple computer or know someone who has you can just transfer your pics to the computer and then on i photo create your book and it orders it for you online and everything its easy and fast.

Mrs Gable said...

1. I can't believe you only have 30 more days... Super excited for you!

2. Love your polish!

3. I am so sorry to here about your book. I would be so pissed off! Maybe MyPublisher could do it without messing it up! If you want to email me I can forward you a coupon for them. amylgable[at]gmail[dot]com

Amber said...

okay....I MUST purchase these teasing combs! Like you, I tease my hair every day.

$3.44 for the whole set?! What a steal.

Hot Pink Combat Boots said...

Wal-mart? That's amazing. Thanks for the tip, I'll run down there this week.

I'm doing my first giveaway - Diane Von Furstenberg! Sign up at:
http://www.hotpinkcombatboots.com/2011/04/my-first-giveaway-diane-von-furstenberg.html

Whitney @ EHFAR said...

i would try shutterfly!

The Lambert's said...

I know Walgreens and Kodak.com offer the books, but I'm sure on their timeline. Goodluck!! I'm for sure not getting a photobook at walmart! Did you here that their getting sued?...Maybe they're just angry ha!

Lauren said...

Just stumbled across your blog!So cute! I know some have mentioned Shutterfly, but I wanted to add I LOVE my photobook from them, and they send you coupons all the time! Sometimes for free prints and books!

Marian said...

Love that nail polish color!!!

Nado Queenie said...

oh that sucks Miss K! Did you check Costco.com? ONLY 30 MORE DAYS! WOWWZERS!

Anonymous said...

That's crazy! I use them for all my picture stuff too! Take my advice from when Nordy's f'd up my shoes...see if they have a "like" button on facebook and go there to rant. Trust me, you'll get it fixed. I do that for everything now. Email me if you need any tips, I'm your girl.