Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Product Review/MAC Dupe: e.l.f. Studio Blush in Pink Passion

e.l.f. Studio Blush in Pink Passion $3

A few weeks ago I was browsing Target, checking out their e.l.f. section and came across this little gem. It instantly reminded me of my favorite MAC Pink Swoon blush (see my review here) and quickly swooped it up. For $3, why not give it a shot??


From the site, the blush promises to give a "soft sheer texture blends into the skin for a silky finish Designed to be worn alone or layered for more depth." I think it's definitely a dupe for MAC's Pink Swoon, the colors are so similar as is the texture. The blush is very sheer and easy to layer for a stronger color. I would say the only difference is that the e.l.f. Pink Passion goes on a stronger shade of pink than MACs. You do not need a lot to start, it is pretty bright and it's better to add more than have too much. It also lasted my work day which I was worried about, I half-expected it to wear off by lunchtime. I also love the package, very similar to NARS packaging and comes with a small mirror on the lid.

I'm really happy with this purchase (especiall the price tag!) and plan on re-purchasing in the future. I also want to try other shades, I have my eye on Candid Coral next. I've had great experiences so far with e.l.f. cosmetics (see my reviews here) and I hope that Target starts to carry more of their items.

Have you tried e.l.f. yet? What's your favorite product? Have you tried MAC Pink Swoon? What has your experience been?
Post a Comment