Wednesday, September 22, 2010

I Want! I Want! Fall 2010 Fashion

Ugh. Today is the official start of Fall. Not that you can tell over here in CA with our 80 degree weather. Don't get me wrong, I love like fall just fine, I just hate the start of the season, especially this year because summer started so late for us  I was hoping for an Indian summer. The East Coast was getting all kinds of heat waves at the start of summer and I was near freezing. Ok not freezing, but my UT coldfront has worn off whereas before I'd bust out my summer staples at 60 degrees, I consider it cold now at 70 degrees.


Anyhoo, I'd like to go over some of the biggest trends for Fall 2010 with some price-friendly pieces. Even if I'm not excited for summer to end, I am excited for fall fashion! This season there's a lot of great trends and luckily, they are easy to wear and mix into your current wardrobe. A lot of items from last year are still working for this year such as leggings, leather jackets, long cardigans, booties and riding boots so adding a few of the new trends will be easy on the wallet. All of the items are featured link back to the store for easy online shopping. Lets get started!


-Leopard: Leopard is one of those prints that always looks timeless as long as it's done right. Wear it as statement piece such a dress, blouse or coat or as an accessory with a handbag, belt, or shoes. Be sure to keep it simple though. If you wear a top or dress in the print don't pair it with leopard accessories. Take a look at how Rachel Bilson and Nicole Richie have been rocking theirs. Nicole's look is a great transition outfit too for the season and would look great with a leather jacket or long cardigan. . Belt is Lauren by Ralph Lauren for $38.Women's Merona® Marlis Sliver Wedge Shoes - Leopard $24.99 from Target.



-Rich Tones: Every fall season, bright yellow and hot pink get kicked to the curb and in come the jewel and muted tones to take their rightful place. What I love about this season is that the rich tones are much warmer. Check out some color this fall and don't just go to the tried and true of mustard and magenta but think of jade, ruby, and fuschia. I'm really loving this frock Jayma Mays rocked, it's so gorgeous and my girl Jennifer Hudson is looking amazing in cobalt. Check out Time Flies When You're Wearing Plum dress from Lulus $25 Wouldn't this dress be perfect for holiday parties?? Frenchi V-Neck Tunic $24 from Nordstrom.



-Gray: I've been saying it for years- gray is the new black!! It works with every skin tone, goes well with any color, and can be worn year round. I'm really loving Charlize Theron's and Jessica Biel's outfits here! You can wear gray head to toe or just one piece. If you buy anything this year, I'd suggest something gray because you can get the most use out of it all year long. Ruffle-Collar Wool-Blend Jacket from Old Navy for $69.50 American Eagle Skinny Jean $49.50



-Lace: Lace is still going strong from summer and no longer belongs to just your Grandmother or the 80s anymore. Lace is so easy to wear too, skirts and leggings with lace accents are everywhere as well as lace tops. You can dress lace up or down and is easy to layer. Wear bright colors under the lace for an unexpected pop.  3/4 Sleeve Lace top $19.80 from Forever 21, here's the product code: 2077244694 since sometimes the link doesn't always lead back to the item for their site. Lush Lace Tank $26 from Nordstrom, this also comes in several colors but they're not available online but I did see it in store in blue and purple as well.

 -Sequins: Also huge this season, just about every item has been jazzed out. Don't be afraid to wear sequins in your everyday attire! Layering is the key to taking your items from night to day wear. Pair a sequin top with jeans and a blazer or wear a sequin dress with a cute jacket and walla, you're good to go at the office! BB Dakota Sequin Jacket $65 Gold Sequin Party Dress $79 both from Lulus.



-Camel: Yes, another one of my favorite colors. This is such a great neutral and is easy to mix into your wardrobe. In the stores I've seen tons of sweaters, dresses, and pants but my advice is to wear this as an accent piece. I do love a great camel outfit, but unless you're wearing the right shade you can look washed out or even nude from a distance! Eeee gads! I would suggest getting camel items in a jacket, boot, or handbag and you'll find a piece you can wear for years. Let's not forget that a classic trench is always a great buy.Toast Threads Tan Wool Coat $73 from Lulus Women's Sliver-Wedge Boots $39.50 from Old Navy.



-Chunky Knits: I love thick knit sweaters! This is one of my favorite articles of clothing in the fall/winter. It's so warm and cozy, but can definitely still feel fabulous. Pair with leggings or skinny jeans and some riding boots for a great outfit. If the tunic is long enough to wear as a dress, pair it with lace tights and ankle boots for more of a nighttime look. Fab Chunky Knit Sweater Tunic $12.50 from Forever 21 ProductCode: 2079551214 Women's Buttoned-Collar Sweater Coats $30 from Old Navy. Both sweaters are available in this seasons hot colors too!



There you have it my lovelies. What do you think? What are you on the hunt for this fall? Have you bought any new pieces yet? 

Celebrity Inspirations will be back next week! Sorry for its hiatus

13 comments :

Nado Queenie said...

I can't wait for the cool weather to come rolling in! I love wearing sweaters w/leggins or jeans! I'm looking forward to getting a leopard piece this fall too! According to Mrs. Rachel Zoe:
"I think every woman should own a piece of leopard, not every woman will wear leopard cause you have to have courage to wear leopard."
Thanks for the fab post Miss K!

Anonymous said...

oh, I am DEF going to scoop up those flats from target! I got boots very similar to those old navy ones last year from target and cant wait to bust them back out!

Anonymous said...

Love the picks, just wanted to give you an FYI. Last year I bought the Old Navy buttoned collar sweater in green. Honestly, it's not worth the $30. I love it and I still wear it, but much like most of Old Navy things it's cheaply made. The sweater faded a lot and it just looks really shabby now. And I even washed it on gentle and never put it in the dryer. I'm constantly fighting the "fuzzie" battle with it picking them off. It has 2 small clasps on the inside to close it as well and one has already fallen off mine. Also, I tend to wear it without closing the top because it's kinda restrictive and feels like I'm choking. It's still cute so I wear it, but I thought I'd let you know!

Day Old News said...

Lace and sequins...I'm coming for you!

Carly J. Cais said...

Hi Miss K!
I love the leopard! (Sooo big for Fall - you are right on the money!)

It was so nice meeting you yesterday at the Marshalls thing- I wish we could have had more time to chat! I had a great time and hope you did too:-)
Can't wait to see the outfits you put together!
Thanks so much for your kind comment on my blog~
I'll be following you on Twitter from here on to see what you're up to!
Take care and if you're ever in Portland, OR drop me a line!
Best,
Carly
www.chic-steals.com

Carly J. Cais said...

Oh wait - maybe you're not on Twitter?? Sorry!
I'll be reading along on your blog anyway!
xoxo
Carly

Jessica said...

Ahhh I love fall fashion!! So many of my all-time favorites are big right now. Leopard print, rich tones, gray, camel, lace...pretty much all of it! :)

Jessica said...

Thanks for all the inspiration! I want that gray wool coat from Old Navy and some camel boots for sure.

teal said...

simply wow i like this collection..This is really cool specially those v neck fashion t shirt

Amber's Notebook said...

Great inspiration pictures! That one of Hilary is one of my favorites. and so excited for leopard!!

Kerr said...

I am SO happy to hear someone else say they arent ready for summer to end! I mean fall is nice and all but it leads to WINTER people! which besides Christmas pretty much blows in my opinion.

BUT I did just purchase a pair of black boots. It will be a while before I can wear them though....its still 90 here. I am not complaining.

Frances @ It's Sew My Style said...

love, love, love the trends this Fall. I am not excited for the cold weather, but I am excited for the clothes. <3

dress said...

Fall is nice but what I like summer because you have many choices to wear. Weather excites me more than clothes and thats the way we try new fashion.