Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Celeb Inspiration: Kate Hudson

Kate Hudson is another California girl and her 70s style is still hip in today's fashion. Even at her most glamorous, Kate's a wild flower with a little bit of funk that makes the fashion her own. Bell bottoms, clunky heels, vintage prints with lots of accessories are her staples. Kate can really be admired for sticking to what she likes, regardless of the trends. She's stated several times in interviews that her style ha never changed and she likes what she likes.


Silly boys, suits are for girls: When she gets ready to go, her go to choices are a dress or a suit. Her suit choices are always well fitted and she keeps them fresh with the different styles.



Lights, Camera, Shimmer!: Kate loves her red carpets looks sparkly. Again, she always plays up the style with varying lengths, sleeves, and necklines. Don't be afraid of sequins, they are easy to wear whether it's full on or as accents.



Casual: Her laid back style is easy and relaxed. A nice loose top, comfortable bottoms and a few accessories be it sunglasses, a hat, or a scarf. Kate looks pulled together by mixing her casual looks with glamorous pieces; tailored shorts, chic bags, or chunky heels.



Hello Layers: With the cold season slowly approaching, I thought this would be a great time to post about how great Kate layers her clothes.How chic does she look with great boots, a scarf and a jacket? Love these looks here!


What do you think of Kate's style? What's your favorite look? This post was a lot of fun because of her disco style and I wanted to post more about it, but then this post would have been super long. I like all of her styles, especially how chic she pulls off a suit. As I'm typing this, I'm also mentally going through my closet to copy her layering styles in the last section.

9 comments :

Frances @ It's Sew My Style said...

I've always liked Kate's fashion (with a few exceptions). I think this was a great choice for a style inspiration!

Anonymous said...

personally, she bugs me..bc you know, I know her. ha. but she does a glitter dress like its her job.

One of my FAVORITE all time, red carpet dresses , ever, in the history of red carper moments, is the altier versace lace gorgeousness she wore to the academy awards. bananas.

Kerr said...

love Kate Hudson! my fav is the green dress. saw that on rachel zoe too!

Leah said...

She pulls off a suit so well!!!

I love her style she is always so fun yet chic at the same time!

Luvs!

Nado Queenie said...

I love her!!! I love her casual look...she always pulls off the cutest hats & scarfs!

Anonymous said...

the coat in the last picture is to die for. i love it!!

J. said...

Gosh she pulls off anything! I really love the glitz and glam looks on her.

Tiffany said...

I LOVE HER!

Andee Layne said...

such a great post! so many fabulous looks! xo