Monday, October 4, 2010

Mad Men Anyone?

I know a lot of you ladies (and gents) out there are Mad Men fans- you can check out the show every Sunday night on AMC at 10pm est. The fashion and storyline for this show is insane. I've seen so many costumes inspired by this show and even themed parties!



I got the inside gossip about the new premiere of the Smith Winter Mitchell Agency vignettes airing during the show on AMC. These vignettes showcase how a fictional 1960s ad agency SmithWinterMitchell, which develops campaigns for the six iconic Unilever brands Dove, Breyers, Hellmann's, Klondike, Suave Hair, and Vaseline, combining witty historic parody with modern ad footage.  They also showcase these iconic brands and celebrate their heritage. It's just a new marketing twist on our everyday items.


The six vignettes will air during the show and will be immediately available online, in various places including on a dedicated YouTube channel, which can be found here: www.youtube.com/smithwinter

 

The historical angle of the branded vignettes plays perfectly in the context of the series, as the vignettes were created specifically for the environment in which they will air. I've checked out each series and they're great marketing for the brands. If you enjoy Mad Men, or if you're fond of that genre check them out! Plus, there's a hottie in it! I love that these vignettes are new and fresh and play specifically off the show. So many ads now are boring and I enjoy seeing a new take on brands I've used forever.

Are you a Mad Men fan? Have you seen these vignettes? What are your thoughts? I'm swooning over the hair in the first picture, I'm definitely copying the look asap.

3 comments :

Anonymous said...

I never really check them out bc I catch the show from my dvr..esp like last night when my giants had the Sunday night football game and I was on pins and needless watching that! I may have to watch them the last two weeks...I am kinda OBSESSED with her red hair color!

REBrown said...

I've never really watched Mad Men, but being an advertising major in college I love to see old ads. They're just so neat and sometimes really funny!

REBrown
rekdbrown.blogspot.com

Nado Queenie said...

Never seen the show but I love the outfits they wear :)