Friday, October 22, 2010

GQ "Glee Gone Wild" photoshoot, is it really THAT big of a deal??

Maybe you haven't heard the buzz yet, but GQ did a recent layout of "Glee Gone Wild" where three of the characters; Cory Monteith, Lea Michele, and Dianna Agron are photographed as sexed up versions of their characters.
The shoot has been seen as "borders on pedophilia," by The Parents Television Council because they play high schoolers on the popular show. Dianna and Lea have both apologized for the shoot (read People's report of it here and here), but I don't think they need to apologize. The actors are adults, the shoot is for a men's magazine not a teen bopper one, and although I love the show- it's not really a "family" show for all ages. There is a lot of talk about sex, adult jokes, and sexual dancing. I mean come on PTC!!

Ok, so here are the pictures from the shoot (from here). what are your thoughts?


Are the pictures racy? Yes. Are they nude? No. If you don't want your children seeing the pictures, parent your child and don't buy them an adult magazine, set parental rules on the computer, etc. and if your children do see the photos and have questions or feelings about it then TALK to them for crying out loud.

Tell me readers, is the shoot too much? Should the girls apologize? What about Cory?

16 comments :

Caroline said...

I think they are racy, but wasn't the one of Britney Spears in her undies back in the day racy. Parents shouldn't be letting their kids read GQ anyway and they also need to monitor what they watch. All of the actors are of age; so, whatever they want to do, they can do. But, I still am not a fan of Lea Michelle.

Carmen said...

100% agree with you! I really don't think they should apologize. The photos were taken for a magazine geared for adults, not children or teens. The actors in the photos are well over 18. I really don't see what the big deal is. And like you said, if you don't want your child seeing them, then parent your child and don't buy them the magazine.

Have a great weekend!

Whitney @ EHFAR said...

The pictures are hot, but I like them! The people in the pictures are over the age of 18, so who cares if they play high schoolers on tv.

Lyndsy said...

I agree with you! If they were underage I could understand the concern but since that is not the case....get over it and start parenting your own children. Apologies not necessary.

Anonymous said...

such an over reaction..they play high schooler..was anyone on 90201 actually in high school. please. diana aragon should not have apologized. take responsbility of what your kids read.

Kristen said...

Thanks for your comments and thoughts, I'm glad I'm not the only who felt this way!

REBrown said...

I totally agree and it seems like everyone else does too!

I mean it's not like GQ is a teen magazine anyway...

REBrown
rekdbrown.blogpsot.com

Frances @ It's Sew My Style said...

I don't think they have anything to apologize for. They are adults, and they have the right to do whatever photo shoot they want to do. Usually on shows that are set in highschool, the actors are all well into their 20's. No one has ever complained before.
My only complaint about the pix is that I wish they'd used Mark instead of Cory ;)

Nado Queenie said...

I 100% agree with you! Children should not be reading "GQ" anyways or watching "GLEE". I watch GLEE & love it but I do not & will not allow my children to watch it.
XOXO

Dacia said...

I have mixed feelings about it. I get that they are adults and the photos were for a men's magazine. Most of the photos were okay, but some were just a bit too much, in my opinion. I mean, really Lea Michele? Spread-eagle?!

KatiePerk said...

I thought this was a hot pictorial! GQ isn't known for it's subtle sexuality so I knew it would be racy!

I am your newest follower!

Leah said...

I think I would have to agree with Dacia. Spread eagle! I am kinda put off! Thats just me though!

Luvs!

jenna ♥ a little blue said...

it's crazy how much drama this caused! adults taking adult pictures.... shocking :)

Jessica said...

Those pictures are great! The actors are adults and play a character...it is totally up to them what they do with their spare time. I agree with you!

Great blog, one of my new favorites I'd have to say. I'm your newest follower.

Jessica

Anonymous said...

Totally agree that it's not a "family friendly" show and that the actors are adults. I think the shoot was just unnecessarily raunchy. They could have done a sexy shoot and still had some class. I definitely think people are making too big a deal out of it....and there was no need to apologize.

Heather said...

Wow, wouldn't have expected them to do this.