Thursday, January 31, 2013

Bumpdate Week 22

 photo FDE55D0B-0CFD-4D8C-9CC0-4E3EE9C1221B-962-000000700D952A5B.jpg
21 Weeks 5 Days 

How far along? 22 weeks today, reviewing week 21 in today's post.

Total weight gain: I had an appointment this past Monday and I'm happy to announce my official weight gain as 4.5 lbs!! Woohoo! My Dr isn't worried anymore, he thinks I'll be one of those woman who just pack it on at the end of the pregnancy. I want to only gain whatever weight I do at a steady pace, not too much at once.

Stretch marks?: Not yet, I'm still using Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Butter and really enjoy it. I hope I don't get any stretch marks, my mother didn't, so we'll see. 


AED3FBA6-984C-400E-BA97-67C9D2D3821E-11423-0000056601EC2BC7 photo AED3FBA6-984C-400E-BA97-67C9D2D3821E-11423-0000056601EC2BC7.jpg
I love this jammie set the hubs and I picked up at Target! 
The ballerina bunnies make me smile.

Maternity clothes: Not yet, but I've started to look for some maternity pants for a good price. I've heard awesome things about Gap maternity pants, but I really don't want to spend a lot on clothes I'm wearing for such a short amount of time. Any suggestions for maternity pants? I bought a pair on clearance from Old Navy for $22 so I'll let you know how I like them.

Belly Button in or out?: In! It's still getting more shallow, but the Dr said I have plenty of time before it will actually pop out.

Sleep: This week has been awful! I can't get comfortable and wake up every night around 2-3am and will be wide awake. Pregnancy insomnia has kicked in! If you have any tips, please share!

76F82E49-F079-4F18-B1A5-29EF49FA2AF8-11423-00000565E68B1A90-1 photo 76F82E49-F079-4F18-B1A5-29EF49FA2AF8-11423-00000565E68B1A90-1.jpg
Finally bought something that's a color other than pink! LOL. 
I love the purple and green in this onesie set.

Best moment this week: Feeling all of her movement is amazing. Even though I feel her on the outside, I still put my hands on my belly to feel her from the outside. She has a little schedule she sticks to so I know when to expect her dance moves.

Worst moment this week:
 photo B2FA9BDE-AEBD-4DB0-A8D5-F774C4965259-11423-00000565DC844704.jpg
This diagram freaks me out everytime I go to the Dr. It shows how big your cervix is at each centimeter and you can start pushing at 10cm. That's the size of a bagel people! You push out an 8lb baby from a 10cm hole!! I just pray for a small headed child.

Have you told family and friends: Yes!


 photo B446DCB6-69DC-46A2-85CB-1ABF6EB10E7D-11423-00000565FA38BEC3.jpg
I LOVE the bright stripes and the heart leggings. 
IDK if I'll dress her in this together, but I love the fun colors. 

Miss Anything? Painting my own toes, I've talked the hubs into giving it a try this weekend, I'm excited to see how that turns out....

Movement: Yes! Lots and lots! At the Dr appointment she kicked the whole time!

Food cravings: Nothing really. This past week has been boring. Even my fruit cravings have mellowed. Except with the Pinkberry, we had that last Saturday and it was amazeballs.

Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope! I do have a weaker gag reflex than before so some things just gross me out. Like boogers. Boogers on a mustache of someone you work with. Do you tell them? What do you say?


 photo F82181DF-C503-4F71-BD07-B1E732647258-11423-00000565F0530AD7.jpg
How cute are the heart and bow pocket of this jacket? I love the little jeggings too. 

Have you started to show yet: Yes, absolutely.

Gender: Team pink!!

Symptoms: Insomnia, lower abdomen pain when I bend over too far.

 photo 88226504-8279-42A2-92DE-8032ADC005E1-11423-00000565EB8AE73A.jpg
This is the pant set that matches the jacket above, how cute will they be with the colored onesies?

Happy or Moody most of the time:
Happy! Tired by the end of the day, but still happy. 

Looking forward to: Getting together the nursery. Right now the room is filled with boxes from moving, but we're working on getting them all unpacked and next month we'll start to buy the furniture. I've started looking online, but want to see the pieces in person.

Have you noticed I'm a sucker for hearts, bows, and bunnies? My child will be so girly! At least while I dress her anyways. Also, I talked to the Dr about my spike Shirley Temple and he said there was no harm to the baby, such a small amount won't hurt her. They just say no alcohol at all during pregnancy because everyone metabolizes alcohol differently and there's no way to tell how much or little can hurt your child so it's better safe than sorry. 

13 comments :

Kate at Green Fashionista said...

You look fabulous mama! I'll definitely have to remember the Burts Bees Belly Butter when my time comes.

That diagram freaks me out too, yipes! Honestly though, once you get to that point it'll all be happening naturally and your body will be doing what it needs to do and I don't think you'll be thinking about it and just wanting to finally meet her ;0)

love jenny xoxo said...

your belly is so little still! Or it looks little in that pic at least. Very cute clothes, a girl will be so much fun!

I'm behind you about 7 weeks but I like wearing leggings or jeans with my belly band - I can still button but it's not comfortable anymore.

love the updates!
{love jenny xoxo}

Chelsea Mac said...

I loved Burt's Bees Belly Butter! I swore by it during my pregnancy!! And how cute are all of those little outfits?!?!

the girl in the red shoes said...

LOVE the little girl clothes! Those bunny jammies are adorable!

Jess said...

Love the colors other than pink! The teal polka dots are adorable!

Unknown said...

Hey Kristen,

Here's a link to Belly Band on amazon...you can find them all over though.... It extends the life of your pants and shirts! They come in a black and white..hope that helps!

http://www.amazon.com/Maternity-Belly-Band-Stretchy-Nylon/dp/B007YSB2G2/ref=sr_1_6?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1359648103&sr=1-6&keywords=belly+band

Anonymous said...

Ohmigoodness. The clothes you have gotten the babe so far are so stinkin' cute! I would probably go overboard and start buying ons of clothes for a little one. Also, the diagram is SCARY. Thanks, but NO THANKS!

haha

Lindsay
LindsayJEVeryday.blogspot.com

Leslie said...

Love all these cute outfits! And I feel you witht he lower abdomen pain...it is awful! I have started having pretty painful braxton hicks. Ugh!

KellyMarie said...

Wow that diagram is frightening! Lol. I feel bad for women with huge babies! EEK.

Carolyn said...

OMG! I love all the little outfits! SO CUTE! You're going to have the best dressed baby on the block. :)

Meg O. said...

That diagram ALWAYS freaked me out!!! But I had a c-section (albeit emergency) so I guess it never mattered anyway. LOL. Love love love all the cute stuff from Target!

Jill @ Bluegrass Belle said...

After I saw that cervical dilation picture I really couldn't focus on anything else. That is traumatizing, why would they show that to you!? lol. I still think the clothes you've bought are adorable and you are looking cute as every :)

Unknown said...

I had fun reading this! That cervix picture has disturbed me greatly ... Even though I've had one baby already - it was better without that diagram ! Lol

Wow 4.5 lbs only ? Yeah I guess your doc is right you may gain some at the end, but likely not a ton! So you should be in good shape post baby :)