Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Boy or Girl? Old Wives' Tales Tell All


We finally find out Friday what we're having! I'm so thrilled and excited. I've been so patient the last few months knowing this day would be here before I knew it, but the last two weeks have been killer. I've been dying to know so I can start my shopping, registry, calling our baby by their name, etc. Only a matter of days before we find out now!

So here is a list of wives' tales and our outcome, place your guess at the bottom!

Heart Rate 
If the baby’s heart rate is above 140 bpm, it is said that the baby will be a girl. If it is under 140 bpm, then it will be a boy.
GIRL! 

Shape of Belly
If you are carrying high with a big, round belly, you are having a girl. If you are carrying low with a smaller belly that sticks straight out, it’s a boy.
GIRL!

Ring Test
Using a strand of hair, hang a ring over your hand. You are having a boy if the ring swings back and forth and it’s a girl if it swings in a circle.
GIRL!

Acne
If you have acne while pregnant, it’s a girl. It’s thought that acne during pregnancy is caused by the extra hormones.
GIRL! 

Cravings
People believe that if you are craving salty foods while pregnant, you can count on having a boy. If you crave sweets, fruit, and orange juice, you are having a little girl.
GIRL! 

Chinese Gender Chart
The Chinese Gender Chart claims to have an accuracy rate of over 90%. It is based on how old the mother is at conception and the month that she conceived.
GIRL! 

The Mayans
They looked at your age at conception and the year your baby was conceived. If both are even or odd, it's a girl. If one is even and one is odd, oh baby — it's a boy
GIRL!

Side You Most Rest On
If a pregnant woman prefers to lay on her left side, she’s having a boy. If she prefers resting on her right side, she’s having a girl.
BOY!

Dad’s Weight Gain
If the dad-to-be gains weight while you are pregnant, it’s a girl. If he doesn’t gain weight, you’re having a boy.
BOY! 

Morning Sickness
If you had a smooth pregnancy with no morning sickness, it’s a boy. If you were sick or felt really nauseous during your pregnancy, count on a girl.
BOY! 

Dry Hands
If the skin of your hands are dry, it's signs of a boy. If they're nice and soft, it's signs of a girl.
BOY! 

TOTAL GIRL: 7
TOTAL BOY: 4

17 comments :

KatiePerk said...

Hooray! Friday will be super exciting. Can't wait to hear!!!

Jill @ Bluegrass Belle said...

I kinda think girl. We'll see :) Caroline at Shades of Gray just found out the gender and discussed these wives tales in a recent post too. For her it turned out to be true!

Kate at Green Fashionista said...

Can't wait to hear!! I was going to say I bet it's a girl before I saw all the old wives tales!

Ella Pretty Blog said...

I have my own old wives tale sign: if you have just a bump, girl. But if you swell up (face, body) then it's a boy. My prediction for you is girl. Am soooo excited for you to find out - can't wait to hear the results !

KRISTIN said...

I think you're having a GIRL!!! I did all the old wives tales too and I think most of them pointed to girl! :)

Anonymous said...

totally a girl :)

Chelsea Mac said...

I absolutely cannot wait to hear!!! So so so exciting!!

Carolyn said...

I totally think you're having a girl!! :)

BuggaBoosMomma said...

Having a boy and now being pregnant with a girl you can't determine gender by those wives tales. Kids usually get it right though. Ryker always said she was having a sister and he was right! So exciting....can't wait to hear!

BuggaBoosMomma said...

Having a boy and now being pregnant with a girl you can't determine gender by those wives tales. Kids usually get it right though. Ryker always said she was having a sister and he was right! So exciting....can't wait to hear!

shay said...

i'm going girl all the way!!

Schnelle said...

I think you're having a girl. Most of the wives tales pointed to girl for me too, and low and behold- we're having a girl. I disagree about the acne though- my skin has been perfectly clear. I totally agree with Ella's wives tale;)

Anonymous said...

GIRL for sure! Keep us posted!

-notsosimplyabby.blogspot.com

Leslie said...

YAY! So exciting!! Can't wait for the big news :) We swore we were having a girl and most of the wives tales made us think we were...but nope, it is a boy!

Unknown said...

Congrats!!! Can't wait to see what your little bundle of joy will be ;)
Im only 12 weeks preggers so far but loving every minute of it :)
xo
Samantha
betterblondesam.blogspot.com

eliz said...

A few weeks ago when I saw your bump I totally thought girl! I love this moment of pregnancy (haha even thought it was like 2 weeks ago)..because it was also when I started feeling more kicks (I finally could tell)...and everything seems much more real and once you know the gender you feel a bigger connection I think. AHhhh Can't wait to find out! :-)

Veronika said...

Most of these were wrong for me but that's why they are just tales :) can't wait for you to find out!