Tuesday, January 22, 2013

busy little bee

 photo 88172105174106157_wvvO732t_c_zps6bce0f46.jpg

So, as of last Monday, my hubs and I found out we were moving this past Saturday (that's only 4 days notice!). We've been looking for a house for almost a year now and have been renting a room from my parents in the meantime. Now with our baby girl on the way, it was time for us to get out. I'm halfway through my pregnancy, and between now and when Babywatch 2013 starts, we only have one weekend free each month. The hubs and I talked and decided house hunting will have to be put on hold til post-baby and we need to find a place in the next month.

We looked last week at a few places to rent and found an awesome spot close to his parents, with a 6 month lease, with month-month afterwards that totally works with when we want our house hunting to resume. Luckily, with this past weekend being a long one, it was best for us to move out now. So we packed everything up and started settling in. Almost everything is done, but I use the word "almost" loosely.

The hubs and I have both lived on our own before, but kind of took the place of a leaving roommate so we don't have anything substantial of our own. You know, like furniture. LOL. I'm sitting on the floor of a bare living room. We do have a table and chairs so that's nice. Luckily, we got amazing wedding gifts and I feel like I should send out a 2nd thank you to everyone because we're finally getting use them! It felt like Christmas unloading all of them. I didn't realize I had so much cute stuff to pull our home together! Or how many things we're missing. I've been to Target 3 times in two days to get stuff!! I promise to take some home pics one we're more settled.

Want to know the best part? This is the first time we've EVER lived ALONE. We didn't live together before marriage and moved in with family right away. Being together alone is the bomb. Plus, we can decorate however we like, walk around in the nude, have a walk-in closet instead of a dorm sized one to share, and it's much quieter.

I'll probably be a bit quiet this week, I'm also super behind on catching up on everyone's blogs. But before I go, I have a few questions for you all.

1. Are you interested in what I'm looking to buy for baby stuff? I was thinking about doing an Etsy spotlight post about some adorable personalized items I've found.

2. I don't really want to use nails in this apartment since we'll hopefully be here less than a year, but I want to put something on these bare walls. Any nail alternatives out there that works well? Anyone tried these command strips before?

Thanks loves! Hope you all have a fantastic weekend!

11 comments :

Meg O. said...

I hope the moving process goes smoothly!! I know it's stressful when you're pregnant and just want to nest!

I've used the command strips before! I LOVE them!! I did my gallery wall with them!

Frances said...

That's great news! I'm soo excited for you and can't wait to see the pics!!
Yes, definitely want to see what you're wanting to buy for the baby! No, never used command strips, but I heard they're pretty awesome.

Carolyn said...

How exciting!! :) Good luck moving, and enjoy living alone with the hubs!!

Carolyn said...

OH! I forgot one thing... I did our entire gallery wall with the 3M picture strips, and it worked PERFECTLY!! :) Totally recommend them!

Courtney M said...

I have used the command/3M strips before. Just make you sure have a clean wall with no dust on it. If there's dust it does stop it from sticking. I've had a few picture fall off the wall before and it's not pretty... Congrats on the baby! So exciting!

I'd love to see what personalized gifts you found on etsy. I'm not pregnant but I'm always looking for fun baby gifts for friends!

shay said...

aw, that's awesome. congrats on having a place of your own (even if its semi temporary).

Can't wait to see pics!

Anonymous said...

I would love the Etsy spotlight post...always love to buy something handmade if I can.

Lindsay
LindsayJEveryday.blogspot.com

Heather said...

i have used the command strips with the hooks before. in some places it was fine to just pull down on the little strip to remove. but a couple of places i followed the directions for removing and it took my paint off!

Chelsea said...

Yay! Congratulations on getting your first place together!! You guys definitely deserve it :) Good luck with getting settled in!

Oh, and I think the Etsy spotlight would be great!

Mandy @ In the Fashion Lane said...

SO SO SO exciting! CONGRATS. Have the best time shopping and decorating! And walk around nude every day. Just because you can. Haha. Can't wait to see pics! And maybe a visit? :)

Genny said...

That’s the beauty of having your own place with your husband. You get to redecorate the house however you want. Also, if it’s in your liking to renovate a part of your house, you can always apply for a loan and start the project under your control.

Genny Stutesman