Thursday, January 3, 2013

Bumpdate Week 18

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
Some neutral onesies my in-laws picked up for us

I have no pics for this week! I'm so bummed, but it mostly rained all week long or I was on the go, go, go. Then I got sick and NO ONE wants to see a bump pic of me sick. Especially when I never changed out of my pajamas.  

 How far along? 18 weeks today!

Total weight gain: We don't have a scale, but I weight myself earlier this week and there was no change, so I'm assuming still -1 pounds.

Maternity Clothes: Still wearing my regular clothes! I got the most awesome jeggings from Kiki La'Rue that will totally take me through the rest of my pregnancy. They're a thicker material, similar to riding pants, and they're really low cut, below the belly so I'll wear them all the way through and after. Total score! All of you ladies be sure to pick them up!

Stretchmarks: None, my mother didn't get any so I'm hoping I picked up that gene in the DNA pool. I started to use Johnson's Baby Oil Shea and Cocoa Butter, but it gave me the gnarliest rash of my life. Which I was surprised being it Johnson's brand and for babies. I'm pretty bummed about it, it locked in so much moisture and smelled nice. Now I'm using a thick lotion my sister-in-law gave me from Bath and Body Works.


Sleep: I'm still sleeping well, I've had a few nights that were uncomfortable from a stomachache.

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
Owl Night Light, Plush toy, and book, all gifts from my sisters-in-laws

Best moment this week: When my two year old niece realized I had a baby in my belly and she'd kiss it and wave hello. It was the cutest thing!

Worst moment of the week: Being sick this week! I had a headache, earache, sore throat, and a stuffy nose. Luckily I was still off work so I literally stayed in bed all day long. If I could have taken something for it, it wouldn't have been so bad, but I'm not taking any medication other than my prenatals so I was pretty miserable.

Have you told family and friends: Yes, everyone knows!

Miss Anything? Just the same, rare meat, sushi, brie and blue cheese.

Movement: I'm 80% sure I've felt something this past week. I've kept laying still every night and morning to concentrate on the baby and a few times I've felt fluttering here and there, but I'm still not positive.

Food cravings: My fruit cravings are through the roof. I've moved on to juices- pomegranate, orange juice, lemonade, I can't get enough! Right now I can't wait to get my hands on a Jamba Juice! Oh, and a nice juicy cheeseburger.

Anything making you queasy or sick: Nothing, I hope all my pregnancies will be like this!

Have you started to show yet: Yes, indeed.

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
This book is so cute! Each page has a different textile for baby to feel.

Gender: One more week before we find out! I'm running out of patience too, I can't wait to find out what we're having so we can start referring to the baby as their name and start buying some goodies.

Symptoms: Round ligament pains, which are a sucker, and two more pimples this week.

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy!

Weekly Annoyance: Nothing this week. Maybe the annoyances have passed? LOL.

Looking forward to: Finding out the gender and shopping for the little one.

8 comments :

KRISTIN said...

Eeek! So exciting! Can't wait to find out what you're having! :) I had really bad round ligament pains too, which was NOT fun!

Carolyn said...

Feel better friend!! :) I can't wait to find out what you're having!!

Veronika said...

Can't wait for y'all to find out :) sending god thoughts for your anatomy scan!

Anonymous said...

Other than being sick this past week you have been pretty lucky! I hope when I get preggers I don't have any morning sickness/horrible mood swings-haha! I love that little book with the owl, so cute! Do you guys have any ideas for themes on the nursery depending on it's a boy/girl?

Also, did you have any early signs of pregnancy? My hubby & I are trying and I feel like every month I pay extra close attention to see if I'm having any early signs etc...maybe I just going cray-cray because we want to get pregnant so badly...wish us luck!

Lindsay @
LindsayJEveryday.blogspot.com

Jill @ Bluegrass Belle said...

I'm really enjoying reading your bump posts! Plus I think I'm going to buy those pants (if you hadn't already guessed!) It will be so fun once you find out the gender!!!! :)

Anonymous said...

I'm 18 weeks too! Its fun finding people who are very close to where I am. And I lay in bed and swear I feel baby move too, I can't wait till I really know that its baby.

Chelsea Mac said...

I used Burt's Bee Mama Bee Belly Butter and LOVED it. You might want to check them out when the time comes :) Also I had round ligament pains too - they are SO SO terrible, but mine went away sometime during the 2nd trimester (I hope that for you as well!)

Schnelle said...

I'm loving your bumpdates! I had the round ligament pains too, they'll probably go away soon though. I hope you feel better!