Tuesday, March 22, 2011

I Tried It/ Product Review: Remington Clipless Curling Iron

Remington CI95AC/2 Tstudio Salon Collection Pearl Digital Ceramic Curling Wand


I've seen reviews on clipless curling irons all over the blog world and in magazines and it's just insane how much everyone loves them. Using a clipless iron helps you to create loose waves like the PYT in Hollywood. I've heard about these irons forever and wanted to try one for the longest time, but I just wasn't willing to spend $$$ on it.

After reading this guest post at Sweet Nothings, I was set. I have straight, fine, flat hair. This was going to be amazing. I was going to buy it and have gorgeous locks come Monday. I went to Target and spotted the Remington T-Studio Ceramic Pearl Professional Curling Wand and promptly dumped it in my cart and raced to the checkout line.

I then practiced all weekend. On myself, on my girlfriends, I watched countless You Tube videos.
This was an EPIC FAIL for me.
There is no luscious loose waves people. I'm getting nothing but corkscrew curls. Like straight out of camp when you would do rag-tie curls (check it out here if you don't know what I mean).

So I tried it again, but with larger section of hair since mine is pretty fine and here's my results:


I feel like Britney Spears circa 2000 when she would have her hair curled, crimped, and wavy all at the same time.

Ok, so I know I'm doing it right. I'm wrapping my hair around the wand using the glove, being sure not to twirl my hair as I wrap, holding it a few second and letting it go. Ok, correction: I talked with my hair stylist and showe her the pics and she thinks that it could be because it's tapered and that I had my hair wrapped around it too long.

I'm wondering if it's because this wand is tapered....I'm pretty bummed. I'm dissappointed in the wand and myself. I had to drown my sorrows in Moscato and chocolate.

What is the problem? Do any of you lovely ladies have any suggestions?

I feel like I can get pretty glam waves with my regular curling iron by starting 2 inches from the root and leaving the last 1-2 inches out. I really want PYT Hollywood waves though. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

OH, btw the wand has several temperatures, going up to 410 degrees, has automatic shut-off, and comes with a MJ glove to wear while using. Plus it's a pretty pearly pink color. I think this would be good for people who have a hard time curling their hair, it's pretty easy wrapping your hair around the wand or for people whose hair doesn't hold a curl well. I'm not knocking the product, I just don't get the results I want. Boo hoo hoo.
Post a Comment