Wednesday, March 2, 2011

My Bridal Shower Make-up

For the shower, I had planned on doing my make-up myself, but I needed to get some things from MAC so I figured I should take full advantage and also get my make-up done as well. I mean why the H not right?

So, for my inspiration, I literally said "I want to look like Carrie Underwood but with some fun. Like blue mascara or eyeliner". I explained my Alice in Wonderland theme, and the artist just rolled with it. I'm so happy with the results, it was just perfect!


Check it out (these pics are from the end of the day, I'm already in my pjs):



On my eyes she used All that Glitters, Woodwinked (both I already own and love), Soba and I don't remember the one in the crease, sorry ladies! I bought the Soba right away, it's a soft golden tan with some shimmer. For the blue lashes tips the artist used Liquidlast Liner in Aqualine to paint the lashes. It was so much fun and a few people stopped dead to watch her do it and complimented her mad skills while I was getting it done. These pictures, really don't do it justice, the whole look was so pretty in person.

I'll be doing a review on the lips soon because I bought that too, you all know how much I love make-up. I've been sporting the three shadows above and love how they look together! It's such a soft combination and a deep chocolate looks great in the crease for a more dramatic look. It's very Carrie Underwood-ish I feel and received several compliments from co-workers about my eyes.

Here's the colors together doing it on my own for work, All That Glitters on my whole lid, Woodwinked on the top and crease of my lid, and Soba blended into the crease. It's very soft and pefect for daytie.:


Have you ladies tried any of these products before? What about colored mascara? I have had some glitter liner before and brushed it over my lashes for some pizzazz, but the colored lashes on just the ends I think are so cool. It's so different, but I didn't feel weird or aware even that I had aqua lashes.
Post a Comment