Wednesday, December 15, 2010

OOTD and more Holiday Parties

 

For the Fiance's work party, I busted out my Fire Lace Overlay Dress (available here) from my Recent Purchase post and from my Engagement Photos with Nick Radford. I paired it with black tights from Target, black wedge booties from Go Jane (see my review of GoJane.com here) and a skinny belt from F21.

I seriously love this dress. I feel so vintage in it. I was skeptical when I first bought it how much I could wear it, and I feel like it was such a great buy. It fits great, but I would try on both your regular size and one size up. The medium fit well, but the large hung better on my body.

 

What better time to wear bright lips than a holiday party?? This was my second time wearing red lipstick (see my I Tried It post here) and it was much easier than my first adventure. I don't know if you can see it in the OOTD pic, but I wore red nails to match and felt so Mad Men with the combo.

My Look was largely inspired by these ladies:

The BEST news ever from the party is that my Fiance won Employee of the Year. The YEAR!!! I'm so proud of him, he really works so hard. He has such a great work ethic and in the six years that he's worked for his company he's never called in sick. Not once! I had an inkling that he was going to win this year and when they were gathering everyone together for the annoncements I told him so, but he didn't believe me. I just knew it though, he's so dedicated in anything that he does and has really done so well this year. Here's a pic of the Fiance with his boss.

The Fiance and I met working together here, so I still know a lot of his co-workers and many of them are my friends. The party raged on all night, but I had to turn in early for work.

My work party is next week, but we do an office lunch, nothing special. What holiday parties have you gone to? Does your work throw a party for Christmas?

Do you like more of the OOTD posts? It's been fun writing them more often and throwing in some personal tidbits. What do you think?

11 comments :

-Sam I Am- said...

you are soooooo gorgeous friend :)

for reals! and that dress is beautiful as well.. all around lovely! I know your man had to have been proud walkin' around with you on his arm :)

and it looks like you guys had a great time at that!!

Anonymous said...

ugh youre so adorable. and i want your hair. that is all.

Kristen said...

Thanks so much ladies! You really know how to make a girl feel special!! :D

According to Jax said...

I'm loving this dress.....im thinking about buying one for myself too!! Love your blog lady!

jacqueline
jaxandmarbles.blogspot.com

Ashley J said...

You look fabulous!

http://www.afashionfixation.blogspot.com

Brittany said...

That dress is PERFECT on you! I also love the shade of lipstick you picked! Its perfect!

Frances @ It's Sew My Style said...

I'm loving the OOTD posts!! You look so cute in that dress! What an awesome purchase :)

palmandpineblog said...

I love the dress... and the bright pink lip color really adds a nice touch!

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I'll be heading to Palm Springs in just a few weeks :)

<3, natasha
http://poshxoxo.blogspot.com

Jessica said...

This look is PERFECTION. Love it!

Leah said...

Your are always so stinkin cute! That dress is the best!

Luvs!

Indian Sarees said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.