Thursday, December 30, 2010

My Recent Sparkly Nails

With the holidays here I've been a glittering queen. I wish I've taken pictures of all my fingers and toes because they've been changed every few days. Here's some pictures I did take and wanted to share with you guys for NYE.

I bought ELF's Golden Goddess (from a holiday set from Target) and have used it with every color of the rainbow. It's the perfect amount of sparkle for NYE and would look awesome on top of black, red, purple or blue. Last week I had it on top of red all week long so for Christmas I topped it on Sally Hansen Insta-Dry in Jumpin' Jade.
 

For my hands, the Fiance helped me pick it out. After I had tried just about every combination I felt like wearing on this tidy little piece of paper. See, you can see how great some of the combinations work. Am I the only who does this? Test out different colors and compare them?



I used NYC Pier 17 and Nicole by OPI Nicole...Spotted! from the Gossip Girl edition. I love this combination, it makes me feel like Katy Perry.



Here's some more sparkly polish I love that would be perfect for NYE...or anytime, it's never the wrong time to shine.

Sephora by OPI Nail Polish in Only Gold For Me, Flurry Up Top Coat, Midnight Mambo Nail Colour
 

OPI Nail Lacquer, Simmer and Shimmer, 0.5-Fluid OunceOPI Nail Lacquer, Sparkle-icious, 0.5-Fluid OunceOPI Nail Lacquer, Bring on the Bling, 0.5-Fluid Ounce

I'm dying to get my hands on these glitters, but my local Ulta is all sold out, check out this post from All Lacquered Up to check out the collection. Have you guys tried it? I've seen a few more posts out there, but not a ton.

What has been your favorite nail polish lately? Did you wear anything special for the holidays?

8 comments :

Taylor said...

I need a mani pedi sooo bad, I wasn't thinking sparkly nails but now I am!!! Heading over lunch - will let you know!

Rissy said...

I try to wear either red or green for christmas but not both haha

I LOVE the little tester sheet you made....

I'm getting my nails done today, but I'll prob just get the french manicure re-done. I'm so boring

MyguiltypleasuresX said...

Few days ago I went to the movie burlesque and the OPI store here in the netherlands, and I totally fell in love with the burlesque collection especially the simmer & shimmer!

Love this post!

Anonymous said...

!oh these are fun

Mrs Gable said...

I just got my nails done last night. But I just did a boring french.

I love the tester!

Meredith! said...

Everyone is obsessed with sparkly polish right now!! I love it! i love the OPI burlesque line! they are so cute!

Kerr said...

I had intentions to be sparkly for the holidays but I never managed to do it. I even painted the base coat for NYE and never got around to the actual fun polish. oh well maybe someday soon!

Lyndsy said...

Your toes look great but your nails look spectacular! Such a great combo!

I have been using the Only Gold For Me for months and love it! I recently got a manicure using the OPI Burlesque collection and it was NO BUENO polished kept peeling off in 1 day! horrible! I bet it works much better layering!