Ok, so I lied about the digital pictures. I somehow remembered my freaking MySpace password and got some good ones to show you. Hi-larious. Because I'm such a good friend, I cropped out my girlfriends. I thought twice about it though, those beezies were just as bad as me! I did show more of everything though...
Here are some of my dresses:
Here's what I wore for the fraternity parties:
Proof I didn't dress like this every day:
How did my mom let me leave the house? I'm so, so, so happy and thankful I turned my closet around. I feel bad for anyone who picked up my old clothes from Goodwill, I definitely didn't do anyone a favor.
I'm so happy I've grown up in my fashion choices, I look back and just laugh at what I thought was sexy and attractive. Oy vey. I was always trying to push the envelope, stand out, and wear something edgier than the next girl.
For my style now, I'm as modest as a nun in comparison to these pictures! And thank goodness for that. I rarely show any cleavage, I can't even think of a low cut top I have. My dresses and shorts are still kind of short (age appropriate short), but not short/tight like a pair off Jersey Shore. I choose to really focus on only one body part to show off instead of showing everything off.
My closet is still full of color though, that hasn't changed. I've always worn bright colors and I'm happy that's still the case. I wear lots of yellow, orange, aqua, mint, lavender, pink, and coral. Layering clothes and my jewelry staples haven't changed either. Studs and watch are still my everyday jewelry pieces and I think they always will be.
Being sexy is more than showing off skin, it's about confidence, knowing how to dress for your shape, and that less doesn't mean better in terms of clothing. Some of my favorite fashion icons is Blake Lively, Emma Stone, Kate Middleton, Selena Gomez (she always dresses for her age, I love her style! I don't care that she's nearly a decade younger than me),
How have you grown in your style? How did you dress in college compared to now?
Question of the month from Alison & Noelle: How would you describe your own personal style? How has it evolved over the years?
- Alison*Elle - Alison is keeping it weekend-casual in an asymmetrical sweater and boyfriend jeans.
- Beautygirl24 - Noelle took a stroll through the park and enjoyed the Spring flowers. Her green dress matched the scenery.
- Ella Pretty - See Ella's Target & Outlet-shopping haul from her US vacation.
- Lindsay J Everyday - Lindsay shares 5 Things about herself, now it's your turn.
- Love, Lipstick & Pearls - Kristen is dreaming of warm weather and summer BBQs with her Spring Wishlist.
- Schnelle Couture - Danielle shows off her first postpartum OOTD.
- Sequins and Stilettos - Skylette is playing up the yellow and cobalt trend.
- The Currently Obsessed - Mehreen shares her inspiration for her baby girls nursery.