Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Flowers, butterflies, and fairytales- that's what girls are made of!

 photo 1_zps46b7c642.jpg
It all started with the sweetest shower invite and I knew my family had a great party in mind. I had been looking forward to my shower forever and it made the joy and excitement of becoming a parent all the more real. It was fantastic sharing the day with so many friends and family. It meant so much to me to share something so special with so many loved ones. This shower was for my side of the family and I have my in-laws shower in May that I can't wait for. Our families and friends are just too large to have one big party so we decided to split it up.

Instead of a diaper raffle, my sister put a little note in each invite that read "To add a lil' extra glee and help the parents to be, please bring a little extra from the heart- a children's book to give baby E's library a good start!" By the time everyone arrived, this table was overflowing with so many fun books! I can't wait to read them all to her and already started this week.
 photo babyshower1056_zps43e5f827.jpg

We served peach tea, pineapple lemonade (using this Pinterest recipe), and water. For food we served some of my favorite lunch foods; crescent sandwiches, veggies, broccoli salad, fruit salad, shrimp salad, and a cheese plate. Then we had a beautiful and delicious dessert table.
 photo 0E65F3F2-4F47-45E8-9109-5818C9132F5E-3259-0000015681D65356_zps5ccf3e98.jpg photo babyshower1062_zps04289934.jpg photo 77E259A4-0A6D-4516-830D-483B33ADCF6E-3259-00000156685A9F49_zps8af39371.jpg photo babyshower1053-Copy_zpsb6857541.jpg photo babyshower1050_zps0a7dc712.jpg

The decorations were all so pretty, feminine, and whimsical. I wish I could show all of them, but we had her name a few places and I don't want to give it away yet! As you can tell, her name starts with an "E", but that's all you're getting!
 photo babyshower1054-Copy_zpsaca71353.jpg photo babyshower1057_zpsc4dbf8d1.jpg photo 1AB960A6-D062-494E-8D79-34A63631FE34-3259-0000015671399FE9_zps8b7609d8.jpg 

We played 4 games, plus the book raffle:

- We played party bingo: On a bingo grid, you put details of the guests and they have to find someone who fits the description and each guest can sign a card twice, but you can't sign your own. Examples: Left-handed, born in June (our due date), is a Chi Omega (my sorority and my daughter will be a legacy). This game is so fun as an ice breaker because it makes your guests mingle!

- Baby Names A-Z: Each guest had to write down names for each letter of the alphabet, and there were some funny ones people had to make up!

- Candy Bar Games: We had a list of baby events and guests had to match them with the right candy bar. Example: 9 lb baby = Whopper, Epidural = Life Saver, Hospital Bill= 100 Grand.

-Name that Bunny!: The nursery has a bit of a bunny theme to it so on a giant science board we printed out 18 famous bunnies and the guest who guessed the most right won! We had Roger Rabbit, Bugs Bunny, the Velveteen Rabbit, and even the Killer Rabbit from The Search for the Holy Grail. It was hilarious!

 photo babyshower1143_zps58023cd0.jpg

We were busy playing so many games and opening gifts, we didn't have time to take a lot of group/individual pics til the very end.  Here's a few of my friends and family.
 photo babyshower1187_zps8c9be10f.jpg photo babyshower1219_zpse8a5eaaa.jpg photo babyshower1232_zps576c768f.jpg

It was such an amazing, amazing day! I had a great time and loved seeing everyone. My sweet cousin Merry took so many pictures, she was the photographer of the day. Thank you so much for that! I wish there was time to take pictures of myself with each guest, but the day goes by so quickly! I relished every moment and still felt like it was gone in a flash. Thank you to everyone who helped and celebrated baby E!

8 comments :

Ella Pretty Blog said...

Your shower dress was so beautiful. It's the prettiest color. Love the decorations and the food especially the dessert table

Frances said...

Aww everything looks so beautiful!!

Schnelle said...

Everything is so beautiful! I love all of the decor and all of the food looks so delish. Can't wait to hear what name you picked!

Jill @ Bluegrass Belle said...

You are so pretty! :)
I also can't wait to hear the name. I know someone who named her daughter Ellery. I had never heard it before, but think it is pretty.

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful baby shower! I love all the little touches, those are the things that make the party so special.

Lindsay
LindsayJEveryday.blogspot.com

Perfectly Jenn said...

Such a beautiful shower! love the invitations so much and of course your beautiful dress!

I did happen to spot her name somewhere and I love it :)

amit said...

Amazing baby shower! Arrangements of fresh flowers ,food items and party table everything is awesome.Hey Kristen I am glad to know that you are going to be a mother soon. Congratulations!!!

Carolyn said...

Such an adorable shower!! :)